Company: 8020 Consulting
Posted on: December 4, 2019
You know how the first 6 months of any job are the most challenging
Imagine doing that all the time. It's exciting, right?
As a company, we believe broadening the application of the tools of
financial analysis and reporting to every aspect of business
operations-extending the reach of finance from compliance
fulfillment reporting and incrementalist budgeting activity to
critical analysis of business issues-is one of the great
unleveraged business opportunities of our time.
8020 Consulting applies the intellectual capital, technical
expertise and energy of our team to address a range of financial
projects for clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to middle
market and venture backed firms.
Our Team deploys focus, objectivity and superior academic and
professional credentials backed by a business model that encourages
and rewards individual initiative and creativity with a mandate to
leave Clients provably better at the end of each engagement.
As a full time member of our team, you will contribute directly in
helping the company reach its mission and vision by utilizing your
full range of skills both for the benefit of our clients and our
Your Specific projects will be complimentary to your individual
skills, background and potential and will all be local. NO TRAVEL
As a firm, the work we do spans the entire range of analytical and
reporting projects that encompass the office of the CFO.
The following are examples of projects recently completed or now
- Provided due diligence and financial modeling support for a
joint venture transaction ($100M combined revenues) in the Digital
- Performed company valuations using discounted cash flow,
comparable company and precedent transactions methodologies while
working with the business development group on potential
acquisitions for a TV company.
- Developed complex model for private equity backed B2C SaaS
company to support analysis of variable free trial, attachment,
bill thru, retention, product elimination, and pricing modeling at
the product and cohort levels.
- Built a business case to evaluate an international distribution
partnership deal for the publishing division of major entertainment
- Led strategic planning of a company's MVNO product, built
business models, product pricing, and supported negotiations with
- Prepared an in-depth analysis of financial implications of
relocating manufacturing within the US for a well-known Apparel
- Led evaluation and implementation (model building) of
on-premise and cloud-based Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting
tools (including Anaplan, Adaptive Planning, Host Analytics and
Oracle (Hyperion Cloud) to revamp BP&F and sales operations
processes in post-IPO environment.
- Consolidated and standardized 50+ legacy deal models for
private equity firm with over $6B in assets under management into 2
(debt + equity); leveraging VBA automations, advanced Excel
modeling, centralized data extraction.
Your job will be to define and understand the client opportunity or
issue and solve it; sometimes this will mean process improvement or
automation and other times it will require you to apply rigorous
financial analysis to inform operational or strategic decision
making. In all circumstances, your job is to leave the client
better than when you first arrived.
What you won't be doing is the same work over and over. To work
here, you must be capable of translating your experiences and
actively applying your knowledge to solve client problems. Your
skills will be stretched and you will be required to grow
We don't just talk about client delivery, we embody it. That means
that you'll be nothing but proactive and engaged and ready to do
whatever it takes to deliver a satisfying client experience. If you
are not ready to play at this level, this is NOT the position for
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Finance and Accounting professionals that are as concerned with
continuous improvement and delivering real value as we are. We
insist our clients be left feeling that our work made a notable
- A combination of intellectual agility, academic /professional
credentials, relentless enthusiasm and a track record of career
achievements that suggests you have what it takes to
- You also must be great with people and able to communicate
clearly and effectively with Financial, Operational and other
WHY WORK HERE:
- Work at clients across a spectrum of industries, sizes, and
circumstances (growing, acquiring, merging, launching new products,
dealing with financial restructuring) without changing
- Focus on applying your brain, energy and experience to doing
great work for clients, without the burden of navigating office
- Work closely and directly with our firm's founders and your
colleagues to help build a large, successful company, and learn
more about how to scale a business.
- Be in a company that does for a living what you do for a
living, and truly values and appreciates what you do in
- Very few financial professionals have the peace of mind that
comes with an employment agreement: all of our people do, so you
can focus on doing great work instead of worrying about job
- Get paid to be in constant growth and learning mode, instead of
- Know that your great work will be recognized and rewarded, and
instrumental in our firm's success.
- Be in a company filled with really smart people who are really
nice people to work with.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Base Salary
- A variety of Bonus Plans
- Full Time Employment Agreement
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off , Company Holidays and Floating Holidays
- Life, Short and Long term Disability
- Full Cafeteria 125 and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Training University with over 3,000 Classes and 20,000 Business
- Tuition and Educational Reimbursement
- AND more....
STILL READING--- Ready to submit your Resume?
- Send a copy of your resume in Word or PDF format to
- If you know someone that works here or one of the Partners of
the firm (David Lewis, Shawn Spears or Kelly Patchett), please
reference in your email.
- Let us know the best time to reach you.
- If you are relocating to Southern California and live elsewhere
or you have specific ideas or expectations on compensation, please
note that in your email.
Keywords: 8020 Consulting, Burbank , Divisional CFO, Accounting, Auditing , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!