Real Estate Servicing Operations Specialist
Company: Logix Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 16, 2020
REAL ESTATE SERVICING OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
at Logix Federal Credit Union (View all jobs) Corporate
Headquarters - Burbank, CA
Serves as a Real Estate Servicing (RES) Subject Matter Expert in
supporting the daily operations of RES, both default and
non-default. Provides support in evaluating operating practices to
ensure a high level of quality service, providing direction and
training to department personnel, and performing analyses of
operating metrics. Assists with workload distribution; maximizes
productivity while providing exceptional member services;
identifies and implements process improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in the day-to-day Real Estate Servicing operations,
including both default and non-default loan servicing. Supports the
department in operating expense management, invoice review, policy
and procedure maintenance and creation, staff training, and
production expectations including training.
* Troubleshoots the department s technology system issues. Actively
participates with testing of systems, applications, processes, and
workflows related to various loan programs, reports and credit
union operations, may also include drafting requests for
programming modifications as necessary.
* Monitors daily workflow to ensure member experience is
exceptional, deadlines are met, and regulations and processes are
* Assists with Internal audit requests, including reconciling
errors, identifying trends, and developing action plan to remediate
and minimize errors.
* Provides ongoing and continuous feedback to management in the
form of reports, charts, and statistics; prepares routine and
ad-hoc reporting as requested.
* Assists management in preparation for Committee meetings, such as
Junior Loan Committee and Senior Loan Committee. Makes
recommendations for foreclosure, workout loans, short sales, deed
in lieu and charge off when appropriate. Maintains minutes of
Junior Loan Committee meetings, maintains records of Junior Loan
Committee and Senior Loan Committee actions for future review.
* Reviews and analyzes Investor procedures to maintain working
knowledge of their loss mitigation procedures. Corresponds with
Investors in writing to obtain approval when applicable. Reviews
delinquency reports bi-monthly to proactively stay ahead of trends
and make member contact when applicable.
* Acts as liaison with outside legal counsel on civil actions
relating to servicing issues. Assists in providing documents for
answers to discovery requests, subpoenas, trial preparation
* Prepares 1099 C forms required by IRS regarding forgiven debt on
Home Equity Lines of Credit losses
* Processes rate change for Employee Mortgage Discount Program
* Collaborates closely with the RE Servicing vendors to ensure
regulations, SLAs, and polices are adhered to. Assists in selecting
vendors as needed.
* Ensures quality service through frequent Member communications,
analysis of Member feedback and data trends; develops methods to
improve service levels.
* Assists in the review of daily-recorded calls and tasks and
* Works collaboratively with the Training Department to create and
implement training materials as it relates to product, service, and
* Provides optimum service to all internal customers and assists
other lines of business with complex work related matters in a
timely, professional manner.
* Reviews and evaluates default servicing related functions to
ensure regulatory and Investor compliance; mitigates any potential
risk related to these processes.
* Maintains a working knowledge of Investor and Regulatory default
and non-default servicing requirements.
* Collaborates with RES and Loss Mitigation Counselor to identify
and analyze trends and identify potential risk.
* Assists manager with Investor and Audit responses.
* May act as a back-up when employees are out of the office.
* Evaluates resources and determines if additional support is
necessary; provides feedback to Management regarding capacity
including making recommendations for temporary help, overtime or
reduction in staff.
* Works on assigned special projects related to RES.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills &
* Demonstrate ability in leading the functional area with 5 years
of progressive experience in a financial institution
* Ability to resolve escalated issues
* Previous experience in developing reports, analyzing and
identifying trends, and remediating process gaps
* Previous experience producing operating metrics and the ability
to lead presentations to business leaders is preferred
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite or Office products
* Advanced knowledge of Symitar or other related core banking
* Knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Systems (i.e. Black Knight)
* Bachelor s Degree is preferred
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate
* Practice open Communication with all levels;
* Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and
responsibility for one s actions;
* Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other
* Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
* Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and
ethical in all work activities and interactions;
* Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for
the needs of one s customers and by being friendly, professional
and following through on commitments; and
* Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave
one s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on
the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status,
or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Logix Federal Credit Union, Burbank , Real Estate Servicing Operations Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!