Paralegal Specialist - Subsidiary Governance
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: March 19, 2023
At Disney our Paralegals are highly-respected because their
skills are quite simply, essential. You'd be a key member of a
dynamic, fast-paced team that oversees The Walt Disney Company's
international corporate subsidiary structure. This position will be
part of the transformational team working to achieve the
department's strategic goals to serve our dynamic global
This position currently reports to the Vice President, Governance
Counsel & Assistant Secretary for the Office of the Corporate
- Forming, dissolving and maintaining domestic and international
- Corporate drafting, including resolutions, consents,
certificates, charters, bylaws
- Entity management systems (CSC, Diligent Entities, GEMS or
- Registered agent database (CSC Navigator or similar)
- Electronic records and document management Duties:
- Manage all aspects of entity maintenance, including handling of
state and local filings relating to new entity formations, foreign
qualifications, dissolutions, name changes, conversions, mergers
- Assist with all aspects of subsidiary governance, including
preparation of governing documents (bylaws, operating agreements),
officer and director appointments and preparation of annual
- Support internal clients and functional partners in the
preparation of various types of corporate documentation, including
shareholder and member consents, resolutions, officer certificates
and production of records and reports to support regulatory and tax
filings, internal and external audits, corporate transactions and
treasury banking and KYC requirements.
- Provide guidance on DE and CA Corporations requirements,
processes and procedures; manage Corporate Secretary Inbox and
respond to inquiries and requests from clients and internal
- Liaise with outside counsel and registered agents.
- Maintain electronic corporate minute books and records.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of
subsidiary governance guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assist with department trainings and presentations.
- Assist with other corporate secretary and governance-related
projects, as may be necessary from time to time.
Here's what you will need to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor's Degree and/or qualifications to be a paralegal by
certification or education and work experience as set forth by the
American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.
- 7+ years directly relevant corporate/subsidiary governance
- Deep knowledge of Delaware and California corporations law and
Secretary of State processes, procedures and standards
- Extensive operational entity management knowledge and
experience, including familiarity with entity management and
registered agent databases
- Significant electronic recordkeeping and document management
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to
- Ability to handle a high volume workload in a fast paced
environment with a strong degree of accuracy, efficiency and
- Ability to work independently with internal clients and
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach
- "EQ" skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage
people to want to work with you to foster cross-department
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do
attitude. It would be great if you also had these
- Experience working in a large national law firm or in-house at
a large public company
- Experience managing a large volume of legal entities
- Experience with budgeting and legal billing, and matter
management software (Legal Tracker)
The hiring range for this remote position is $97,088 to $149,820
per year based on a 40 hour work week. The number of hours
scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay
actually offered will take into account internal equity and also
may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.
A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of
the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical,
financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Burbank , Paralegal Specialist - Subsidiary Governance, Accounting, Auditing , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...