Director of Taxation
Company: Lewis Management Corp.
Posted on: October 24, 2018
DIRECTOR OF TAXATION
The Lewis Group of Companies is actively seeking exceptionally well-qualified candidates for the position of Director of Taxation.
About our Company: Founded in 1955, the Lewis Group of Companies continues today as one of the nation's largest privately-held real estate development companies. The Lewis Group focuses on developing mixed-use planned communities and residential subdivisions in California and Nevada, as well as building and owning apartment communities, shopping centers, office parks and industrial buildings.
In your role as our Director of Taxation, you will work under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Tax and interacts directly with the owners, executives and managers across the various Lewis business units. With support from three supervisors and a staff of six, the Director of Taxation is responsible for coordinating all aspects of tax compliance for the Lewis Group of Companies, their owners, family members and trusts. Working in concert with the Vice President of Tax, the Director of Taxation also participates in the Companys long-term strategic planning, including preparation for its generational transition.
In its role, the Director of Taxation is charged with a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
- Lead the Lewis Tax Department in its ongoing pursuit of best practices
- Regularly review, revise and improve tax practice guidelines and policies and procedures
- Effectively manage the scheduling of team members participating in tax planning and compliance assignments throughout the year
- Provide expert guidance on Subchapter K issues with a particular emphasis on Section 704(b), tax basis adjustments, liability allocations, cost allocation methodologies and income deferral strategies
- Research and resolve all income and franchise tax issues encountered in the preparation of tax returns for over 400 taxpayers, and in the planning for business transactions, joint venture formations, restructurings and reorganizations
- Proactively monitor changes in tax laws and regulations and communicate to the stakeholders their potential impact on the Company, its owners, family members and trusts
- Coordinate with the Lewis Legal and Accounting Departments on transactional consulting, strategic planning and other multidisciplinary projects
- Participate in the Family Office and Private Trust Company functions
- Support the Vice President of Tax in the execution of special projects, practice administration, personnel management and other areas as required
- 10+ years of experience in taxation (public and private company roles)
- CPA license (active)
- Masters degree in taxation preferred
- Expert knowledge of Subchapter K with a particular emphasis on Section 704(b)
- Advanced knowledge in the industry area of real estate
- Strength in the taxation of trusts
- Familiarity with estate and gift tax concepts
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to engage and lead individuals to accomplish common goals
- Solid experience with CCHs ProSystem Tax and Workpaper Manager platforms will give the candidate a significant advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a name-recognized and growing company with a strong history, a broad future and a rich culture that promotes community, family and work-life balance. Now under the direction of a second and third generation management team, and with many long-tenured employees in its ranks, the Company continues its long tradition of quality, integrity and stability in every aspect of its business. This commitment to excellence and its people make Lewis a truly wonderful place to grow your career.
In addition to competitive compensation, Lewis offers full medical and dental benefits, a Section 401(k) retirement plan with company match, apartment discounts, educational reimbursement, continued training, advancement opportunities and much more!
To learn more about the Lewis Group of Companies, please visit our websites at www.lewismc.com and www.lewisapartments.com.
Lewis Group of Companies
Lewis Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Lewis Management Corp., Burbank , Director of Taxation, Accounting, Auditing , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!