Senior Staff Accountant
Company: Kendo, a division of LVMH
Posted on: February 4, 2019
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Mo--t Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. A play on the words can do, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill's words, never, never, never give up'
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to and works closely with the Accounting Manager and Director of Accounting. This position will have ownership of complex journal entries and timely balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of complex journal entries, miscellaneous entries and other adjustments.
- Prepare & Perform Month-End Close Duties
- Maintain Excel Schedules of Prepaid & Deferred Expenses
- General and Administrative Expense Tracking and Accruals
- Timely Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts & Variance Analysis
- Assist in Year-End Closing Processes
- Maintain strong records for JE support and audit requirements
- Performs other accounting related tasks as needed
- Provide back-up and assistance to other members of the Accounting Team
- Minimum of 5+ Years of experience working as an Accountant
- Bachelor's of higher degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, meet deadlines and learn quickly in a high-volume environment
- Proven track record of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented with a positive attitude
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, graphs/charts), and Outlook
Keywords: Kendo, a division of LVMH, Burbank , Senior Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!