Sr. Business Analyst, Finance Ops & Systems (Project Temp)
Company: Warner Bros.
Posted on: March 3, 2019
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home d--cor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Sr. Business Analyst, Finance Ops & Systems (Project Temp) for the WBCP Finance department. The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for supporting the delivery and elevation of WBCP's core financial close processes and supporting systems integration in support of the Division's global business growth.
This position requires partnership with WBCP executives / teams, corporate groups (Corporate Technology, Finance, Enterprise Financial Services (EFS), etc.) and considerable cross-department collaboration.
- Assists with the development of structured, thorough work plans in support of core financial close processes, including revenue/expense forecasting, actuals loading, royalty collection, cash processing and required corporate submissions; requires facilitating work-planning workshops with global, cross-department stakeholders and corporate groups.
- Tracks progress against core financial close processes, e.g., leading recurring progress meetings, measuring process cycle times, assessing resource assignments/capacity planning, tracking deliverable completion, escalating issues and risks.
- Applies continuous improvement to core financial close processes, including leading post-process lessons learned workshops, adjusting financial planning calendars, implementing process changes, updating work plans, measuring cycle times and recommending resource reassignments.
- Contributes to the coordination, communication and tracking of tools and templates used throughout the core financial close processes.
- Supports the operation of finance system interfaces within WBCP's systems/data environment and with WB corporate finance systems as part of finance close processes.
- Partners with WBCP finance teams, WB shared services and technology groups to ensure timely processing of finance system interfaces; communicate status and troubleshoot/escalate schedule and data integrity risks as appropriate.
- Contributes to WBCP's technology upgrade program by helping to provide process and system requirements across core finance close process areas.
- Supports current and future state process and system owners in the implementation of near and long-term projects to upgrade WBCP's technology environment.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Technology Management or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in program/project management, business process design, finance process operations and/or technology line management, enterprise system implementations required.
- Industry experience in consumer products, licensing, finance preferred.
- Large consulting firm experience preferred.
- Demonstrable advanced experience with Excel including Macros/VBA, Pivot Tables, Advanced formulas; experience with Power Pivot, Power Query preferred.
- Advanced experience with SQL queries and database structures and enterprise ERP financial applications (SAP / Oracle).
- Experience with modern business intelligence tools including Tableau, Power BI.
- Experience working in an agile / scrum environment.
- Familiarity with data analysis technology such as R, Python, APIs.
- Familiarity with Office 365, SharePoint and other Microsoft collaborative tools.
- Knowledge of consumer products industry, finance operational and systems environments.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Area of Interest
Finance/Accounting, Project/Program Management
WB Business Unit
Film Production and Distribution
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) licenses the rights to names, likenesses and logos for all of the intellectual properties in Warner Bros. Entertainment's vast portfolio. WBCP works with these licensees to create a wide variety of consumer products including apparel, toys, housewares and more, all branded with renowned Warner Bros. icons including, but not limited to, Harry Potter, DC Entertainment super heroes and Looney Tunes characters.
Keywords: Warner Bros., Burbank , Sr. Business Analyst, Finance Ops & Systems (Project Temp), Accounting, Auditing , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!