Vice President, Social Media & Synergy (Freeform)
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Freeform Marketing team is driven by collaboration and
innovation to serve our Gen Z and Young Millennial audience who are
in constant pursuit of growth. Much like our audience, Freeform
evolves and grows with them. Translation: we're constantly pushing,
experimenting, challenging, and making. We are on the search for a
VP of Social & Synergy to join our team.As VP of Social & Synergy,
you will strengthen the relationship we have with our audience on
our social platforms, constantly shaping and extending Freeform's
social media strategy to build engaged communities aligned to our
content series and brand. Additionally, in this position you will
lead all internal Disney synergy projects working across
departments and business units to deliver innovative and
brand-specific promotions for key Disney initiatives.The VP of
Social & Synergy reports to the SVP, Content Marketing and manages
a team of 8-10.The successful candidate will be a great human, who
leads boldly with humility and support, and who thrives in a team
setting. Collaboration fuels you to push the work even further. You
will build and deepen relationships with every interaction with
your counterparts and the broader Disney organization. You live,
breathe and speak social, fearlessly experimenting with social
trends. You're an excellent communicator managing both down, up and
across effortlessly. As VP of Social & Synergy, you will be a
thought-leader for innovative social campaigns and connections to
our Gen Z and Millennial audiences.ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Set the strategic vision for the Freeform brand on social,
including defined KPIs and creative goals.
- Define social content strategy based on overall series goals,
positioning and go-to-market approach. Define platform roles,
phased messaging approach, content needs/deliverables by format,
engagements strategies/tactics and custom interactive
- Analyze audience sentiment, content performance, competitive
and trends to define actionable strategic insights that will inform
go-to-market positioning and strategy. Working with the Marketing
Strategy team to unlock new insights to build best in class
- Act as the digital and social thought-leader for the brand. Be
a platform expert and set overall strategic approach and best
practices/use cases for the entire social media ecosystem. Build
close relationships with platforms to assure best intel on new
products, shifts impacting our business and competitive
- In close partnership with the VP of Creative, set a strategic
creative roadmap to build and develop content against.
- Content creation is in partnership with VP of Creative and can
be developed in house or through collaboration with creative agency
partners, and the role is responsible for building and maintaining
those agency relationships.
- Review all creative concepts through execution to ensure all
content meets best social practices, properly leverages platform
experience and engages audiences, and is delivering on social
- Bring big ideas and new ways of using digital and social
platforms to the marketing teams for concept/creative
- Oversee the execution of the work including asset production,
timelines, budgets, review with stakeholders and publishing.
- Evaluate proposals by external vendors to maximize business
objectives, best in class social output and sound investments.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Strategy and Creative
teams, the Social team will also work on all paid media campaigns
on social media platforms for the network, including strategy,
publishing and targeting.Team Management/Operations
- Managing weekly/daily editorial schedules for each brand
ensuring consistency and promotion of network priorities across all
- Oversee all publishing activities to assure all posts are on
brand and maximize publishing strategies for optimal platform
impact and marketing objectives.
- Supervise and mentor team encouraging growth, development, and
collaboration within the group and across departments.
- Responsible for reporting and analyzing performance across
platforms both to inform future strategic decisions and to keep
executives and teams apprised of the impact of efforts.
- Management of multiple digital agencies, freelancers and third
parties providing content and development services and ongoing
- Define process and procedures for the team.Audience Development
- Define clear and attainable audience development goals for the
teams, setting clear KPIs and content goals to grow our social
- Implement partnerships and collaborations to extend brand and
- Oversee implementation of SEO and social paid strategies to
drive audience growth on priority platforms.
- Oversee innovation projects to best leverage new platforms/beta
products to capture early adopter growth.Synergy
- Oversee synergy campaigns across divisions across Disney,
including Disney+, ESPN and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to secure
robust support plans for Freeform priorities and provide support
plans for The Walt Disney Company company priorities.
- Build and nurture beneficial relationships internally across
Disney business units.
- Create content plans in support of other Disney marketing
initiatives and offer strategic advice to internal groups on the
best approach for integrated promotions on to our audience on our
- From trailer support to custom talent content to Freeform
talent support, this role will oversee Freeform's synergy plans for
other units. In contrast, they will also be the outbound point
person to secure synergy support for Freeform for our key
- 15+ years of experience in consumer digital and social
marketing, with executive level positions held previously.
- 5+ years as a manager of a mid-sized team/department including
multiple functions. Proven strength as an effective manager is
- Media, platform or entertainment industry experience
- Social media (platform/creative) expert with passion for
- Proven leader in setting direction and strategy for Consumer
Marketing or similar function.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to define actionable
insights for business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver clear and concise strategy - must be a
presentation master with skilled use of keynote and demonstrated
experience presenting to executive level stakeholders.
- Strong creative track record with examples of innovation and
- Passionate about youth culture and entertainment.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Burbank , Vice President, Social Media & Synergy (Freeform), Advertising , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!