Senior Strategist, Media
Company: Petrol Advertising
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Job Title Senior Strategist, Media Department Media Employment Type Full Time Minimum Experience Experienced Salary $70K-$100K (DOE) NO CALLS PLEASE THIS IS AN ON-SITE OPPORTUNITY ONLY PETROL, a leading full-service advertising agency specializing in progressive marketing for some of the biggest brands in tech, sports, and video gamingamong many moreis seeking a Senior Media Strategist. With dedicated departments for print services, motion graphics, AV, social media, interactive/digital, as well as media planning & buying, we regularly develop fully integrated global marketing campaigns for some major brands across genres. We are looking for a new full-time member of our in-house media team. The Senior Media Strategist is responsible for overseeing and strategically guiding media campaign initiatives across a variety of client teams. They must be a seasoned professional with a strong understanding of the client's business, industry, organizational trends, social trends and consumer social behaviors in order to lead with relevant media experience in both digital and traditional mediums. The Media Strategist will be called upon to independently structure and scope media marketing strategies/campaigns and creative ideas. Experience with campaigns in the gaming or entertainment industry is highly preferred. This is a fast-paced, collaborative environment and one that requires attention to detail, good communications skills and ability to be a team player. Responsibilities
- Be well versed with major media information sources, show expert proficiency in media marketing strategy responsibilities, technological advancements and channel familiarity
- Actively follow and apply learning's from the media industry, digital marketing best practices, and associated consumer behaviors
- Serve as a media strategy expert representing the Agency and providing mentoring and leadership across the business.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic frameworks to deliver against defined client business objectives and develop unique point of views.
- Proactively work with account service teams to identify and scope client extension work, including the development of long term media vendors and innovation
- Collaborate with clients and their partner agencies to develop clear business objectives
- Identify and analyze trends in consumer behavior within media and leverage this to drive new business opportunities
- Ability to lead complete projects including client presentations and educated representation of ideas
- Continued leadership to develop industry-relevant POVs and provocative Thought Leadership
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities by pitching creative campaign ideas that align with client's business, consumer and brand objectives
- Provide cohesive integration between strategy, media and creative
- Build and shepherd decks/presentations
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and help drive business initiatives
- Present, walkthrough strategy, data and information to clients and internal departments Required Qualifications
- 3 - 6 years agency experience on brands with high-volume media output, working as a strategist or relevant position
- Ability to interface with domestic and international Petrol teams and clients
- Identify clutter-busting industry, competitor, consumer and social insights by analysis of client input, consumer research, and industry experience. Fascination with consumer trends, industry debates, and technological innovations is a must.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, adept at leading internal and client meetings. Can effectively communicate with mid- to high-level clients and colleagues who may or may not be familiar with media marketing
- Can effectively and efficiently design and communicate go-to-market plans for both traditional and digital media campaigns
- Proven record of working with creative teams from briefing, conception and into production
- Loves formulating and crafting an informed POV, and possesses an open mind to hear the inputs and opinions of others
- Has a keen understanding of how to connect business goals and brand objectives to media KPIs, including hands-on experience with media analytics and reporting. Can translate campaign results into actionable insights and future optimizations across creative, planning, and media
- Knowledge of modern content marketing across mixed mediums with the ability to make recommendations on new and innovative content styles
- Ability to work proactively and independently, outside the confines of a 'traditional' agency role
- Flexibility to report and pivot as content trends shift
- Premium brand experience preferred Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All final candidates MUST complete and pass a background check Petrol Advertising, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Petrol Advertising, Burbank , Senior Strategist, Media, Advertising , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!