Lead ASIC/FPGA Development and Verification Engineer
Posted on: December 3, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us. Position Overview:Boeing Defense Space &
Security seeks a Lead Digital ASIC/FPGA Design and Verification
Engineer to support the Satellite Capabilities organization and
multiple satellite product lines based in El Segundo, CA.Position
- Utilize high-level architectural documentation along with
algorithm description and implement DSP functions for functions
such as decimation, interpolation, general filtering, up-down
conversion, digital beamforming, and channelization.
- Develop mathematical models in SystemVerilog to verify design
implementation and develop and run scripts and Make files.
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and
development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications
for various electronic products.
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent
with requirements and specifications.
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure
compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures
to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with
make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product
designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under minimal directionThis position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.Basic Qualifications (Required
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a ------US Person------ as defined by 22 C.F.R. -- 120.15
is required. ------US Person------ includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5 --or more years" of experience in Digital ASIC/FPGA design or
- Work experience simulating a digital design using SystemVerilog
Assertions.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from
customer and system requirements.
- Experience designing digital ASIC/FPGA architectural design
documents (micro-architecture documents with timing diagrams,
detailed design blocks, etc.).
- Experience deriving digital ASIC/FPGA requirements
specification from higher-level (system or board-level)
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of
technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure
compliance with requirements.
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
- Experience developing complex and high data rate designs.
- Work experience performing RTL synthesis.
- Work experience performing clock cross domain analysis
- Work experience performing Static Timing Analysis and
correcting timing violations.
- Work experience writing Universal Verification Methodology
(UVM) sequences and virtual sequences.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 or more years' experience in digital
ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master's degree with 10 or more
years' experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree
with 7 years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN),
- Work experience using Object Oriented Programming concepts:
Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Work experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM):
Experience creating drivers, monitors, predictors, and
- Work experience creating a self-checking simulation testbench
from scratch.Typical Education / ExperienceDegree and typical
experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more
years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD
with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of
Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing is
a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Burbank , Lead ASIC/FPGA Development and Verification Engineer, Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!