Lead Satellite Command & Data Handling Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking a
Lead Satellite Command & Data Handling Engineer (Level 4) to
develop and manage Command and Data Handling systems for our
satellite programs. Typical assignments will include requirements
definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems
integration, test, and verification. Functioning in this role will
provide you with the opportunity to work with senior management and
technical experts across multiple disciplines including subsystem
engineering, software architecture, Communications Security
(COMSEC), software validation, electronic hardware testing,
spacecraft level testing, and end to end system engineering. - This
position is located in El Segundo, CA.**This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is
available for internal candidates.**Primary Responsibilities:
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to
support flight control and mission requirements definition.
- Performs and documents analysis and design of Command and Data
Handling systems to validate or assess the system design or
- Resolves technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and
system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Performs analyses to evaluate and optimize total system
performance to meet customer autonomous operation
- Develops solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer
- Designs trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Leads teams or projects and presents at program reviews.This
position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance,
for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. -Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Electrical Engineering.
- Experience leading a small team of engineers.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Systems Engineering.
- Experience with CCSDS and IP (Internet Protocol).
- Experience working with 1553, SpaceWire, and CAN.
- Experience with COMSEC/CRYPTO/TRANSEC.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.Typical
Education & Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing
-is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees
are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Burbank , Lead Satellite Command & Data Handling Engineer, Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!