Expert ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer
Posted on: February 7, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us. Position Overview:Boeing Defense Space &
Security seeks Expert Digital ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer to
support the Satellite Capabilities organization and multiple
satellite product lines based in El Segundo, CA.Position
- Leads verification teams. Reports status to management.
- Utilizing high-level architectural documentation along with
algorithm descriptions, develops models in SystemVerilog to verify
ASIC/FPGA design implementation and develop and run scripts and
- Maintains detailed requirements and specifications for ASICs
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components
(such as UVCs) into a UVM verification testbench.
- Creates and develops said UVM testbench.
- Evaluates and integrates third-party verification IP
- Develops verification plans, test procedures, and simulation
environments and testbenches, executing the test procedures and
documenting results to ensure product backlog items are complete
and system requirements are met.
- Establishes verification metrics.
- Conducts various methods of testing and analysis to verify
- Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support
future product designs.
- Stays current on new technologies and best practices.
- Works independentlyThis position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal
candidates.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience): -
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 9 or more years' experience using object oriented programming
(OOP), e.g. Java, Python, Ruby, C++, Objective-C, Visual Basic
.NET, Smalltalk, Curl, Delphi, Eiffel, or SystemVerilog with OOP
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Work experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python,
shell scripts, etc.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- 9 -or more years of experience in digital ASIC/FPGA
- 12 or more years of experience with Object Oriented Programming
(OOP) and Universal Verification Methodology (UVM): creating UVM
drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards.
- Work experience using SystemVerilog and SystemVerilog
- Experience designing testbenches specifically optimized for
hardware emulators (to accelerate simulations).
- Experience developing, designing, and conducting research that
results in new product offerings or business opportunities.
- Experience representing the Company in industry research and
- Experience leading technical aspect of proposal
- Experience leading review of test/simulation results and
analysis to ensure compliance of the design to the requirements
- Experience developing functional coverage models and closing
- Experience working in an Agile/iterative development and design
- Work experience creating self-checking simulation testbenches
- Work experience creating reusable testbench components.
- Work experience writing test/simulation plans, simulation
procedures, and results reports.
- Experience leading teams of engineers, reporting status to
- Experience creating and improving department process guidelines
and procedures (e.g. engineering standards, checklists, process
- Experience evaluating and recommending technology that is new
to the organization.
- Experience working other engineering teams (e.g. hardware
test/STE engineers, board designers, system engineers, requirement
engineers, reliability engineers, microprocessor/software
engineers), to ensure the ASIC/FPGA functions safely and reliably,
to guide the verification of the ASIC/FPGA.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of
technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure
compliance with requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and 25 or more years' experience in digital
ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master's degree with 23 or more
years' experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree
with 19 years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN),
- Work experience with HDL design, coding, and debug. -
- Experience mentoring junior engineers, (e.g. teaching UVM and
other verification concepts).Typical Education / ExperienceDegree
and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's
and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years'
experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor,
Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies. -
Keywords: Boeing, Burbank , Expert ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer, Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!