Supplier Quality Engineer III
Company: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Posted on: October 30, 2018
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking to hire a Supplier Quality Engineer III in Burbank, CA.
The Quality Engineer IV is a top contributor who works with minimal supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and established procedures to control and monitor quality, ensuring products are consistent with industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and Customers
- Provide consultation on complex projects; Recommend changes in procedures
- Collect and analyze production data to evaluate product quality
- Drive root cause analysis and recommends corrective actions
- Stop production if serious product defects are present
- Monitor quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Instruct others in quality control and analytical procedures
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, root cause analyses, or quality trends
- Review statistical studies, regulatory standards and trends in the field of quality control
- Identify critical points in the Value Stream and specify sampling procedures
- Drive qualification of product and process changes to ensure only the highest levels of quality are accepted
- Support audits with Defense, Aerospace and Customer Auditors
- Provide support for failure analysis and reliability testing as required
- Review and approve quality document changes - Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs), deviations
- Utilize a roadmap of continuous improvement for the organization by establishing priorities, methods and strategies for implementation using data to both guide the process as well as monitor the result
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Experience: 8+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer in an Aerospace environment or similar manufacturing setting
- Knowledge: Expert knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of assigned product or program; Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Skills/Abilities: Demonstrated ability to make decisions or take action independently; Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish goals by relying on extensive experience and judgment; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and outside professionals; Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Education/Certification: BA or BS degree in Quality, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Eligibility Requirement: FAA sensitive position - may be subject to a Government security investigation to verify eligibility for access to classified information
- Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
- Proficiency in Lean Principles and Implementation Tools
- Educational background in Structured Problem Solving, 5S, Mistake-Proofing and process capability tools
- Familiarity with Minitab
- ASQC Quality Engineer Certification
Special Work Conditions:
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Keywords: Crane Aerospace & Electronics, Burbank , Supplier Quality Engineer III, Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!