Dev Ops Engineer
Company: Warner Bros.
Posted on: May 22, 2019
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Dev Ops Engineer for the
Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: App Infrastructure & Ops
department. The Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for delivering web
and application hosting services to various Warner Bros. divisions
and leading the Web Hosting Operations team in the design,
implementation, and maintenance of the mission-critical hosting
infrastructure on IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Support and maintain the operational components within Dev Ops
including the following responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain support for web application environments,
including application deployment, DNS, Nginx, Apache, and Tomcat
configuration, load balancer configuration, troubleshooting, and
- Oversee and address escalated issues from first-level support
team and lead group-troubleshooting sessions.
- Develop and maintain custom internal tools and scripts to
automate the management of AWS and other cloud environments.
- Develop, maintain, review and approve documentation in
accordance with group procedures.
- Recommend web hosting architectures and design web hosting
solutions and serve as a subject-matter expert in topics related to
web hosting architecture, such as server tuning, performance
analysis, scaling, SSL, local and global load balancing, caching,
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing Dev Ops
projects including the following responsibilities:
- Participate in prioritizing, coordinating, planning, executing,
and closing projects and tasks to produce the required
- Research product and technical data in order to recommend
products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects.
What do we require from you?
- BS Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent
- Experience with support for high-availability services,
particularly web servers is required.
- 3 years of experience in a web serving or systems administrator
role in a diverse environment is required.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of Linux systems
administration, including networking, security, performance tuning,
and package management.
- Experience in the configuration and tuning of web applications
built on technologies such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, SQL, and
- Experience in the deployment and management of cloud-based
infrastructure (AWS, Azure), with Serverless/Lambda experience
being a plus.
- Experience with orchestration, configuration management, and
automation engines such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, and
- Moderate experience with scripting languages and related
tooling (Shell, PHP, Python, pip).
- Experience building and maintaining code pipelines for CI/CD,
using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Amazon CodePipeline, and
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker is also a
- Familiarity with SDLC processes, Agile software development
practices, and working within cross-functional teams.
- Experience with media, production and post production digital
media systems and services is preferred.
- Working knowledge of networks and data center standards and
Area of Interest
WB Business Unit
Film Production and Distribution
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years
through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner
Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of
disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative
people to join our team.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal
opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's
status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal
law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category
protected by law.
But Wait, There's More!
At WBT we look for members who want to:
- Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren't
afraid to ask questions
- Own It: Be the driver, and take accountability
- Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing -
we're looking for people who are ready to change along with
- Be Courageous: We aren't afraid to speak up, have honest
conversations, and do what's right.
- Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the
- Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to
"Contribute to Our Community"
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists
and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy
and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio-
and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT
organization will provide critical business and technology
intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages
the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms,
information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and
delivery, and more.
Keywords: Warner Bros., Burbank , Dev Ops Engineer, Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!