Mechanic (Diesel Mechanic)
Company: Penhall Company
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Main Purpose: The Penhall Company has an immediate opening for a
Mechanic to join our team. We are looking for a Diesel Mechanic
with experience working with Rental Equipment, excavators, wheel
loaders, skidsteers, backhoes, trucks. In this position you will
perform the day-to-day maintenance and repair on heavy industrial
construction equipment. Service truck will be provided. Key
Relationships: Foreman, Superintendent, Drivers, Operators, other
skilled laborers Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment. Provide high quality
control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of heavy
industrial construction equipment (both diesel & gas powered).
Service Truck Provided
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repair programs.
Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on
all company equipment and tools.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the repair and fabrication of
equipment by performing basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG,
- Analyze parts and supply stock to ensure an adequate and
- Identify and work with outside specialty shops (machine,
hydraulic, electrical, etc.) to perform special or time effective
work when needed.
- Act as technical expert and advise personnel when to take
equipment out of service due to mechanical problems.
- Monitor equipment and tool warranty programs to insure warranty
claims are forwarded to Asset Manager for processing
- Assist in maintaining all corporate equipment files including
inventory, repair and maintenance, etc.
- Perform additional assignments as requested by supervisors
- Travel required
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with heavy industrial
construction equipment. Familiarity with grinding and grooving
concrete construction equipment a plus. Technical training in
equipment repair and operation or equivalent combination of
technical training and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working with diesel engines, electrical and
hydraulic repair is a must.
- Diamond blade equipment service and repair a plus.
- Experienced in basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG,
ARC) is a must.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation,
and maintenance of construction equipment.
- Work in inclement weather in and around repair facility.
- Ability to work both days / nights, weekends, extended hours,
and overtime as needed.
- Strong construction technical skills and knowledge
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on quality and
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to,
walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90
- Basic computer literacy working with MS Office (Excel, Word)
and email a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in
- Basic to intermediate arithmetic skills. Penhall Company is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified
females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
Keywords: Penhall Company, Burbank , Mechanic (Diesel Mechanic), Engineering , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!