Sr. Financial Analyst, Participations Cash Management
Company: Warner Media Group
Posted on: January 12, 2020
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst with a curious mind and a
passion for process improvement, as well as an interest in cash
forecasting, to join the Financial Contract Reporting &
Administration department (FCRA). This role will provide you with
an opportunity to join a team that is committed to ongoing process
improvement, as well as an opportunity to learn about various
aspects of the entertainment industry.
The Senior Analyst, Participations Cash Management is responsible
for assisting with the participations cash budget, as well as
reviewing participations statements; assisting in the cash
forecasting process, and ensuring the timely preparation of
participations monthly and yearly cash forecasts; and reviewing and
understanding contractual agreements, ensuring that all financial
obligations are met. Additionally, this position will be
responsible for brainstorming/implementing process improvement
ideas, documenting changes to business processes, and ad-hoc
- Forecasting monthly/yearly/quarterly participation budget and
forecast using constantly evolving methodologies.
- Leveraging the Participations reporting system to perform
detailed participations cash flow modeling for film & television
product, utilizing known contractual reporting obligations, latest
internal projections, various reports, and specialized media
knowledge, i.e. windowing and release patterns, distribution cost
- Conducting variance analysis of actual participations payments
- Identifying and implementing potential improvements in cash
forecasting and other business processes, including reporting to
achieve greater accuracy and efficiency while communicating any
obstacles, challenges, enablers and successes.
- Preparing/reviewing participation statements to ensure
financial integrity and contractual compliance.
- Assisting in special projects, process documentation, and
ad-hoc analysis/research as necessary, including buyout analysis
and participant and/or auditor queries.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience in participations, cash management/forecasting,
process improvement, or related field..
- Entertainment industry, financial accounting, cash flow
experience, financial reporting for media and entertainment
- Experience interacting with management across multiple
organizational areas and conducting presentations to various staff
levels, leading meetings & trainings, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with system implementations and testing
- Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented
- Effective time management skills to handle multiple and
changing priorities; ability to thrive in an environment that
demands constant process changes
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other
analytics tools, such as Tableau. Experience with cloud based
collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams, Slack, Google Apps, JIRA), and
familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies and processes.But
Wait, There's More
- Telecommute once per week after you've been with the company
- Warner Bros. offers a generous benefits package and 401K
- Wear casual dress Monday - Friday "Dress for the Day"
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Area of Interest
Film Production and Distribution
United States - California - Burbank
Financial Contract Reporting Administration
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and
expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC
Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and
Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that
creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse
array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences
through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max,
Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line,
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years
through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner
Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of
disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative
people to join our team.
Keywords: Warner Media Group, Burbank , Sr. Financial Analyst, Participations Cash Management, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!