Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs-Nickelodeon (Live Action)
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment
brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting
kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television
programming and production in the United States and around the
world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences,
publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles,
characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA,
VIAB).The Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs for
Nickelodeon will be responsible for business and legal affairs for
scripted content (live action) and talent deals (live action and
animation) for Nickelodeon and will handle other areas. This
position will be located in Los Angeles.The candidate will be
responsible for the following:
- Serve as a senior member of the BALA team of business and legal
affairs lawyers, contract managers and assistants who support the
Nickelodeon live action scripted development and production group
and talent group.
- Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs
guidance and support to the senior Nickelodeon development and
- Structure, negotiate and draft a high volume of complex,
high-profile creator/EP deals, first-look and overall deals,
pilot/series talent deals, and development and production services
- Work with a broad range of departments (Nickelodeon talent
department, Labor & Employment/Production Risk Team, Production
Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies
- Opportunity to work across VMN business and legal affairs on
cross-brand specialty areas.
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming,
Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in
connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Develop and create deal structures, parameters and templates
- Maintain relationships with key managers, agencies and
attorneys in the entertainment community.
- JD and must be a member of the California Bar.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with scripted television.
- Excellent knowledge of television industry agreements, guild
and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839
I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual
property rights, as well as a mastered capability for legal
analysis and reasoning, is required.
- Desired candidate will have a thorough understanding of
entertainment industry customs and practices and possess
demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and interact with
agents, managers and outside attorneys.
- Must be able to manage a team, multi-task under pressure,
manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and
operate autonomously within corporate parameters.
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships,
effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of
uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong
client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
Keywords: ViacomCBS, Burbank , Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs-Nickelodeon (Live Action), Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!