Company: Warner Media Group
Posted on: February 7, 2020
What Part Will You Play?
We are currently seeking a Manager, Digital Accounting for Warner
Home Entertainment's Home Office Accounting Department, supporting
HBO and Turner. This individual will report into the Director of
Accounting, and will manage the integrity and accuracy of digital
accounting as related to the integration of Warner Media
businesses, licensees, affiliate offices, and global deals.
- ManagingHBO/Turnertransactional royalty accounting, point of
sale (POS) data analysis, analytics, ad hoc reporting, receivables
management and financial close processes (-75 monthly WFs: 60 HBO
and 15 Turner).
- Assisting with business decision support analyses, ad hoc
reporting and analytics.
- Assisting with integration projects and help management create,
improve and streamline business processes during assignment period
of contracts and go-forward.
- Leading efforts to on-board & integrate client data, contracts
and processing into Warner Bros. standards, including promotions
- Managing contract and title data exceptions, including mapping
errors, POS reconciliations, cash application, and responsible for
HBO/Turner cash flow forecasts.
- Reviewing and approving journal entries, accruals, and royalty
- Reviewing and approving reconciliations and SOX compliance test
work for HBO/Turner licensees.
- Assisting with aligning SOX controls with established WBDD
- Managing staff and projects, including UAT and other
What Do We Require From You?
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting or
- 3-4+ years of accounting experience, including royalty specific
knowledge in the entertainment space.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as the individual will be required
to work with various levels of management--both within and outside
- Motivated, organized self-starter with a hands on approach and
the ability to collect relevant facts quickly, provide
recommendations, and make decisions.
- Solid understanding of the domestic and international reporting
experience, including foreign exchange and currency
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting standards, practices, and
- Financial statement preparation (P&L, BS, CF) and monthly
- Advanced Excel skills and proven track record of process
- Previous SAP/BW experience is preferred.
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Area of Interest
Film Production and Distribution
United States - California - Burbank
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG) brings together all
of the Company's businesses involved in delivering home
entertainment content to consumers. This includes global
distribution of packaged and digital media, and formats including
DVD, Blu-ray, video-on-demand, cable, satellite, online, mobile,
electronic sell-through and more.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that
creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse
array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences
through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max,
Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line,
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years
through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner
Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of
disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative
people to join our team.
Keywords: Warner Media Group, Burbank , Manager, Accounting, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!