Director, Global Insights and Analytics
Company: Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
Posted on: February 8, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Scope and oversee design and implementation of data & insights
strategy for Warner Bros. content distribution efforts and
Direct-to-Consumer/Over-the-Top initiatives including testing and
measurement of on-demand platforms, digital and mobile properties,
TV programming and social media applications.
- Leverage a comprehensive understanding of subscriber-based
business models and services, corresponding KPI's, and competitor
over-the-top activity to inform subscriber acquisition and
forecasting in support of company-wide direct-to-consumer
- Generate data-driven analytics of user base, feature sets,
engagement metrics, and competitive threats on mobile, digital, and
on-demand platforms to proactively identify opportunities for
global business growth.
- Conduct deep analysis of complex datasets to extrapolate
business insights derived from primary, secondary and syndicated
sources; apply advanced analytics to create forecast models and
KPIs that inform product and content strategy, audience targeting,
and market positioning.
- Drive business intelligence through tracking of mobile, digital
& gaming industry innovations and technology to inform potential
new distribution outlets.
- Manage ongoing testing and measurement of alternative platform
usage and service providers including SVOD, AVOD, vMVPDs, skinny
bundles, mobile, social and other emerging offerings.
- Build data visualizations and cross-functional reporting that
conveys key performance metrics, significant trends, and
relationships across multiple data sources.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative research studies that
explore the evolution of television viewing behavior, video
landscape, platform developments, trends and consumer preferences.
Synthesize and present findings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications,
Mathematics, Finance, or equivalent experience required.
- Master's Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in business or social analytics,
marketing, or strategic planning with a strong emphasis on
- Minimum of 7 years' experience using data and metrics to test
theories, confirm assumptions and measure success utilizing
advanced qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Prior experience leading research initiatives at an
entertainment, digital, mobile and/or gaming company and/or
providing insights for streaming services or TV programming.
- Superior analytical, data manipulation, interpretation and
problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and
manage research initiatives from ideation to execution.
- Experience working in a consulting role with relational
databases and translating business problems into analytics
approaches that generate actionable recommendations.
- Substantial quantitative and qualitative research experience
including solid understanding of market research methodologies and
techniques like maximum differential scaling, discrete choice
modeling, and segmentation.
- Able to develop testing plans and frameworks to evaluate
campaigns and synthesize results of complex data-mining efforts to
share with a non-technical audiences.
- Experience in advanced data analytics including experimental
design and predictive modeling with working knowledge of data
mining, processing (e.g. SQL, Excel), and visualization tools (e.g.
Tableau, Looker) preferred.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and demonstrated ability to
effectively partner with business leaders in embedding analytics
output into business processes.
- Deep knowledge of TV/digital content landscape/distribution and
related measurement; expertise in video ecosystem and corresponding
business models including pay, premium, free, digital, SVOD, AVOD
and bundled services and providers preferred.
- Proven ability to sift through large amounts of data, identify
critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant
techniques, perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently and
- Ability to simply and persuasively communicate key insights to
non-technical stakeholders; comfortable presenting to senior and
- Expertise in managing reporting function including producing
KPIs and Dashboards.
- Familiar with Big Data technologies/platforms, statistical
platforms and data visualization tools.
- Advanced proficiency with Nielsen systems, Luth, comScore,
Simmons, Global Web Index, ePoll, and other market research tools
- Strong strategic thinking, intellectual curiosity and love of
problem-solving with passion for driving action and making direct
impact on business outcomes.
- Highly effective multi-tasker and exceptional team player with
outstanding ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
- General office activities, including writing (frequent),
hearing (constant), speaking (constant), twisting (frequent),
- Proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Drive and ability to learn about and understand internal
systems and processes and the data they produce.
- Reading documents, detailed work, confidentiality, problem
solving, language skills, deadline work, training, math skills,
reasoning, verbal and written communication skills, customer
contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.
Keywords: Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Burbank , Director, Global Insights and Analytics, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!