Senior Manager, Accounting
Company: Warner Media Group
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Accounting for the
Enterprise Financial Services (EFS) Global Infrastructure &
Theatrical Distribution department. This individual will support
the Global Process Owner (GPO) for the Theatrical Distribution
business at WB. The GPO has ultimate responsibility for the
performance of a process end-to-end in realizing its objectives and
has the authority and ability to make necessary changes to improve
the efficiency and effectiveness of a given process. However, the
Senior Manager will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for
Domestic Theatrical Distribution and Canada. As the SPOC, this
individual is empowered to manage the relationship with the
customer (BU/Territory), ensuring the delivery of excellent service
and integrity of financials at the legal entity level.
- Owning the global process design and maintenance including
approving exceptions to standard processes.
- Driving process improvement and standardization initiatives and
communicates impacts and implementation plan to EFS & Business Unit
Executives, International CFO's, SPOCs, and Service Delivery Center
- Monitoring and controlling the overall health of the
- Formulating and implementing policies and procedures and
adapting to changes in the regulatory and audit
- Ensuring that the deliverables for the process are complete and
- Owning the relationship with the customer (BU/Territory
Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Tax, etc).
- Providing input and makes recommendation to GPOs on process
improvement and standardization initiatives.
- Monitoring and controlling the overall health of the
relationship with the customer and other stakeholders.
- Overseeing Monthly Financial close and ensuring that the
Financial Statements and related footnotes, supplemental schedules
and disclosures are complete and accurate.
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Reviewing periodic Reporting & Analysis deliverables including
operational metrics tracker, FX analysis, and Management Status
- Developing staff into mature financial advisors with a customer
service orientation toward the dependent Business Unit, Territory,
Service Delivery Center and Corporate Finance groups with whom
there is regular interaction.
- Providing coaching, training, mentoring and development to the
specific EFS team members as well as the overall EFS and WB Finance
staff as needed.
- Participating in special projects including transformation,
standardization, integration, restructures, etc., as needed.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA
- 8+ years previous work experience in an accounting or finance
field with 2+ years prior management experience.
- Previous experience in public and private accounting as well as
entertainment and theatrical distribution preferred.
- Financial closing, consolidations, reporting, planning and
project management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or prior experience in a shared service and/or
outsourcing environment a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP),
including intercompany, foreign currency accounting and familiarity
with new FASB revenue recognition standards.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and/or
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel and
- Ability to lead projects and bring them to a successful
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical
- Domestic & international travel required as needed.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Area of Interest
Film Production and Distribution
United States - California - Burbank
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and
expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC
Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and
Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that
creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse
array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences
through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max,
Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line,
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years
through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner
Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of
disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative
people to join our team.
In EFS, we focus on the employee experience every step of the way.
We are an inclusive and diverse team and like to have fun! As an
employee, you will be able to:
- Telecommute once per week after you've been with the company
for 6 months.
- Wear casual dress Monday - Friday 'Dress for the day'.
- Focus on your professional development by attending lunch and
learns, participating in a mentoring program and extensive training
opportunities both internally and externally led.
- Get involved in activities such as volunteering events,
attending movie premiers on the Burbank studio lot, team building
exercises, One Finance organization events, and working out with
colleagues at the on-lot gym.
Keywords: Warner Media Group, Burbank , Senior Manager, Accounting, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!