Director / Lead, FP&A - DC Publishing
Company: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Finance/Accounting, Graphics/Design/Art, Publishing Requisition #
179832BR Business Unit DC Entertainment Publishing Position Type
Full Time Company Overview WarnerMedia is a leading media and
entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and
popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and
journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands
including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC
Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner
Classic Movies and others. Posting Job Description The Job
DC seeks a Finance Lead, FP&A. The Finance Lead, FP&A will
lead the business unit's Financial Planning & Reporting functions.
This position will drive planning activities in alignment with DC's
operational calendar, as well as oversee finance activities &
analyses in support of DC's growth strategies.
- Establish and communicate annual planning roadmap.
- Identify and drive financial analyses needed to supporting
- Direct the development & consolidation of BU's worldwide
financial plans, including: long range plans, annual budgets,
rolling forecasts, and cash & capital budgets.
- Partner and iterate with Business Leads on revenue forecasts
and cost assumptions. Plan and lead cross-department working
sessions to develop plans.
- Consolidate detailed revenue and expense projections and submit
all plan cycle deliverables to Corporate Finance; Serve as primary
liaison to Corporate Finance for queries related to each planning
- Revise forecasts based on actuals and changes in the business
- Drive development of BU financial objectives and KPIs. Create
process to monitor and report.
- Present plans to Studio & Networks and DC senior
- Direct all aspects of the consolidation of the BU's worldwide
financial results for reporting to Studio & Networks and DC senior
executives. Design and develop management reports.
- Design and direct financial close & reporting process within DC
and interaction with other business units and corporate services
providers based on Corporate Finance guidelines and accountability
- Manage GL account review for all P&L and Balance Sheet
activities and ensure proper validations are in place. Ensure
procedures are also in place at Corporate partners (GBS and
- Evaluate & report actual BU performance against financial
plans. Partner with Business Leads to explain variances to budgets
and develops plan to achieve divisional profit goals .
- Prepare and lead financial close meeting presentations and
review representation letter for SVP in quarterly reviews with
Corporate Finance heads
- Oversee monitoring of DC performance against budget and
targets. Develop approach, analytics and pace of review. Establish
interim outlooks based on business knowledge and collaboration with
- Partner with Business Leads to drive Quarterly Business
- Oversee processes, procedures and controls to ensure accuracy
of financial reports and analyses. Activity includes establishing
monthly account reviews, key performance metrics, redundant quality
- Oversees the development and training for all financial
- Develop key department priorities and operational roadmap to
ensure staff is ready and able to meet changing business needs.
Identify areas of training and development for staff.
- Develop and/or maintain documentation and training material for
Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Develop analyses to support business activities for BU senior
executives, including sales performance, market / industry analyses
and project greenlights --
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- CPA and/or MBA required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial systems, accounting
and finance required
- Big 4 public accounting or comparable consulting firm
- Experience with accounting, tax and business issues
- Experience leading and building high performing teams
- Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience
- Must demonstrate high judgement and autonomy; leads with
enthusiasm and is a strategic thinker
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Financial Systems Skills: ERP (SAP or Oracle) experience
- PC Skills: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, SQL and/or Visio
- Presentation skills required
- Must be able to develop and implement projects
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and
understand written and oral instructions
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally Warner
Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or
physical disability, and genetic information, marital status,
citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or
any other category protected by law.
Keywords: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group, Burbank , Director / Lead, FP&A - DC Publishing, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!