Director, Corporate FP&A
Company: Warner Media, LLC.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
COVID-19 Notice: As our company responds to COVID-19, the health
and safety of our communities-including our employees and those
considering a career at WarnerMedia-remains our top priority. If
you have submitted an application, rest assured that your resume
will be reviewed by our recruiting team, it just may take some time
as we face this unprecedented situation. We appreciate your
understanding and flexibility with any adjustments to our
interviewing process. Stay safe and healthy. Learn how WarnerMedia
is helping . Country *If you are looking for a job in Latin
America, please click here . Business: Warner Bros. Entertainment
Group Company Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that
creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse
array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences
through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros.,
TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network,
Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. Business Unit
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and
expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC
Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and
Warner Bros. Consumer Products. The Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Director, Planning &
Analysis for the Financial Planning & Analysis department.
Spearheads preparation of Financial Review packages for planning
cycles, including summary P&L activity, business unit drivers
and variance narration. Also oversees other reporting requirements,
such as Intercompany and Franchise Reporting. Responsible for
maintaining BDS calendar, implementing significant process
improvements and creating/maintaining the procedures manual. Often
leads coordination / communication with Warner Bros. divisions and
- Responsible for the Financial Review presentation for each
Forecast period and the Budget/long-term plan, including:
- Narrative analysis of Quarter/Year to Prior Plan, Budget and
- By-title gross profit analysis across TV, TH, Home
Entertainment, Games, & Kids divisions.
- Oversee access to SAP and other systems.
- Oversee charts / graphs as necessary.
- Monthly Close Reporting, including:
- Narrative analysis for Month / Quarter to Prior Plan, Budget
and Prior Year.
- Determines list of company headlines.
- Investigates material discrepancies within BDS and across other
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis schedules as needed.
- Reviews by-title costing and consolidated analysis from Sr.
- Coordinates with Warner Bros. divisions and WarnerMedia on
outputs, deliverables, questions; o versees policy document.
- Creation/Maintenance of Executive Dashboards.
- Oversees the collection of input schedules from divisions,
reviews for accuracy and distributes to the broader working
- Review earnings materials as necessary.
- Coordinates procedures and department communication with the
greater finance group.
- Responsible for the continual improvement of analytical reports
& processes to create time savings.
- Responsible for creating / maintaining processes and onboarding
- Handles other special projects as required. The Essentials
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or related field
required, advanced degree preferred.
- CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in FP&A/Budgeting/Financial
Strategy or related environment required.
- Previous experience in public accounting and/or the
entertainment industry strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- High level of accountability, self-initiative and
resourcefulness in order drive output for BDS department.
- Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp
the "big picture".
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
(GAAP) and financial statements.
- Effective written / verbal communication skills in order to
coordinate across Warner Bros./WarnerMedia & ATT.
- Strong supervisory and personnel development skills; including
ability to effectively mentor staff.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required; familiarity with
developing & utilizing complex formulas in Excel required.
- SAP BW/BPS/Hyperion experience extremely helpful. Warner Media,
LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical
disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship
status, military status, protected veteran status or any other
category protected by law. We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network - the first place our recruiters look for
candidates when jobs open.
Keywords: Warner Media, LLC., Burbank , Director, Corporate FP&A, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!