Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation Studios
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation Studios in
Burbank, California - Careers at CABURBANK1 - 231 West Olive Avenue
Skip Branding Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation
Studios in Burbank, California - Careers at CABURBANK1 - 231 West
Olive Avenue Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back
in! Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation Studios Job
Locations US-CA-Burbank Brand ViacomCBS Function
Finance/Accounting/Tax Job Type Full-Time Staff iCIMS ID 2020-14616
About The Brand ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global
media and entertainment company that creates premium content and
experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer
brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount
Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access,
Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers
the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of
the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and
film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services
and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful
capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions
for partners on five continents. Overview and Responsibilities The
Sr. Manager Production Finance for Nick Animation Studios &
Features is a position that assists in the financial oversight and
management of the budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting
for original animation programming for both studio sale and
theatrical releases (in-house and 3rd party productions). The
position is responsible for setting departmental strategic
priorities and overseeing day-to-day production finance activities,
including collaborating with Content and Production Management
leaders to identify any related business risks, and partnering with
the Sr. Director, Animation Production Finance and VP, Production
Finance to assess those risks against planned operating budgets.
The Sr. Manager will also ensure timely communication and
collaboration with K&F content leaders, Programming Finance and
Production Management, as necessary. The role will also be
responsible for managing, motivating and developing any production
accountants assigned to Nick Animation original programming
project. Specific responsibilities:
- Support original in-house studio production and 3rd party
production across the K&F Studio and Features businesses in a
wide variety of formats including hour and half-hour scripted union
series, unscripted series, features, animation, pilots, and
- Ensure accurate review and tracking of show budgets and
production spend across productions and establish seamless
communications of estimated final costs to the Senior Director,
- Build and maintain programming cash flow forecasts for all
active and future productions. Maintain accurate cash flow
estimates to ensure cash flow is accurately reported.
- Update the Longview planning systems for all cash planning and
provide variance explanations to prior forecasts and Budget.
- Work with production finance team to improve development
reporting to ensure clear and accurate reports are periodically
presented to Nickelodeon Studio & Features Leaders to best support
them in decisions on planned development spending.
- Lead the quarterly process of EFC vs Cash analysis to ensure
any material variances are address in a timely manner.
- Work closely with executives in various departments concerning
show level issues, including Production, Business & Legal Affairs,
Labor Relations, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury.
- Work with Content teams on production tax incentives, as
- Ensure accurate reporting and identification of any risks and
opportunities, and communicating all information to the relevant
- Oversee production budget review and production post-mortems,
including gathering episode delivery information, production cash
flow planning/analysis and variance explanations for senior leaders
of the Kids & Family Group.
- Collaborate with Nickelodeon programming finance to manage
requests from the Controller team regarding animation and studio
balance sheet items, production cash flows, journal entries, etc.
and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
- Prepare other ad hoc analytics and reporting as requested by
K&F Production Finance Lead and/or K&F CFO.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop the Production Accounting
team by fostering professional impact and a culture of feedback,
development, support and growth. Promote a positive work
environment demonstrating respect for colleagues at all levels.
- Minimum 5-7 years in production accounting or finance,
financial analysis and/or previous experience in corporate
accounting/finance. Additional Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- P rior experience in the entertainment industry, specifically
animated film and TV production ideal.
- Ability to forge partnerships with producers, production
managers and studio executives.
- Efficiency, speed, accuracy, pro-active approach to job, and
strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Pay close attention to detail and have the ability to
understand the bigger picture and relevance.
- Works well under pressure and completes (both individual and
joint) projects on a timely basis.
- Adhere to confidential nature of highly sensitive
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, critical thinking and
- Highly proficient in Excel and presentation skills.
- Experience with Local 839, SAP and Longview Solutions a
- A willingness to work as part of a team and cover other roles
- Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, organize and
prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to efficiently work-from-home, as necessary, be
improvement oriented and have an innovative perspective. Options
Apply Here Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we
do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to
employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives,
we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should
be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status,
marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Burbank , Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation Studios, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!