Executive Director, Music (Freeform)
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to
millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for
what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney
Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and
lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and
professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's
beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what
you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with
Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Executive Director, Music will manage day to day music
production and supervision for all Freeform content.
- Manage day to day music production and supervision for all
- Supervise music supervisors on current series.
- Administer all payment paperwork for composers, songwriters,
producers, singers, studios, musicians, collecting invoices for
payment and coordinating that process with production, music legal
- Meet with current and new music production houses, libraries,
songwriters and producers and make recommendations for future
- Meet new talent, songwriters and producers for future
- Work with legal and production executives to ensure proper
paperwork is issued for Work for Hires, On-camera ditties,
- Manage creative needs for original and licensed songs.
- Research and hire composers for new series.
- Oversee series composers, scoring notes process, and attend
spotting sessions and mixes.
- Coverage on spotting sessions, mix sessions and on-camera
shoots upon request.
- Assist in researching source music upon request.
- Supervise the Persimmon Grove music library both creatively and
- Supervise the Persimmon Grove consultant and work together to
create songs and find placement opportunities in programming and
marketing internally, as well as externally to the film and TV
- Organize quarterly showcases with up-and-coming artists
appropriate for Freeform.
- Work with Hollywood Records to find opportunities to
cross-promote their artists music, and release soundtrack and
singles from our shows.
- Support the music needs of the marketing department with their
short form content, including on-air promos, integrated marketing
and marketing stunts.
- Create and define the music strategy for the network in
relation to the Freeform brand.
- 5+ years experience working as an in house or freelance music
supervisor, supporting productions, clearance, creative,
promotional opportunities with labels, creating both original music
and licensing music in film or television.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong familiarity with the Freeform and Onyx Collective
content and a vision for how music can create a unique voice for
- Has broad and diverse knowledge of emerging musical talent in a
variety of genres; works to be "ahead of the curve" in identifying
songs and artists who will break out.
- Experience creating opportunities for internal and external
artists on shows and other marketing opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of the contemporary music scene.
- Brings relationships with composers and music supervisors and
has deep experience in evaluating their work; has strong opinions
on the best fit for each show.
- Experience creating music, not just licensing music.
- Ability to partner internally and externally with partners and
- Ability to present ideas effectively and influence others.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, taking
initiative in terms of big picture creative ideas beyond the
- Talent-friendly in terms of working effectively with producers
and helpful in furthering the goals of actors who are also
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Burbank , Executive Director, Music (Freeform), Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!