Associate Account Manager II
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining
optimal business position in order to sustain and grow membership.
Provide support to group Account Management client servicing
functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to
ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries.
Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer
facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with
brokers/consultants and front line benefit contacts, to increase
membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer
loyalty and retention. Monitor and maintain data integrity within
sales systems, accounts and book of business in order to improve
external communication, sales performance, and book of business
- Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and
membership accounting have accurate information and implement the
negotiated terms of the final renewal with focus on business
- Manage the process of resolving complicated and sensitive
employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and
- Understand account strategy, goals, and financial
- Coordinate the flow of information in order to keep the process
moving to meet strategic objectives.
- Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may
signal opportunities for growth for KP and alert account
- Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including:
presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A
- Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a
book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and
possible opportunities for growth.
- Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to
account strategy and service issues.
- Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted
accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts
as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal
- Understand the customers business and business challenges. Know
customers Human Resources and Benefits staff and how decisions get
- Create and increase credibility by demonstrating knowledge of
each customers unique benefit package.
- Employ appropriate sales systems to accurately maintain account
- Ensure accurate enrollment process, payment arrangements and
contract is understood, agreed to and met.
- Collect specific business information and competitive data
required for account strategies by established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct
- Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential
- Ensure timely submission of reports as directed by the account
- If Small Business Unit:
- Accountable for business processes and administrative
requirements to support assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with front line business
owners in support of assigned Account Manager.
- Assist with in-field demonstrations and teachings to employers
and brokers on KP online technology to facilitate maximization of
all KP online tools.
- Explain and negotiate complex underwriting methodology with
client and advisors.
- If Cross Regional/Multi-State:
- Collaborate in the coordination cross regional growth
- Participate in interregional account teams to coordinate
renewals and ensure creation of a single uniform presentation.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration
or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in sales, telemarketing,
customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where
applicable) within 3 months of hire
Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to
articulate and respond to issues.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office
programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and
persuasion skills.Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or
health plan administration in healthcare or health insurance
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance
carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes
in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses
PrimaryLocation : California,Burbank,Marketing, Sales, Service and
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 09:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 06:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-PO-01-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Sales and Marketing,Sales & Marketing
Department : MSSA Admin Offices - HP Mgr-Larg Grp Sales Admin -
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Burbank , Associate Account Manager II, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!