Senior Product Manager, ESPN
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Senior Product Manager, Commerce, ESPN+ play a pivotal role
execution of conversion improvements for ESPN+, our
direct-to-consumer subscription experience. The role will be
charged with understanding and implementing acquisition solutions
for customer conversion across our suite of products including but
not limited to, ESPN App on iOS and Android, connected devices and
ESPN Fantasy Sports products.This role work on for all user-facing
features including, but not limited to: Payments (eCommerce),
funnel creation and optimization, A/B testing UX and UI
improvements, and landing page optimizations. This role will work
heavily with partners in our Disney Streaming Services division on
marketing improvements and creating content marketing vehicles that
drive awareness and conversion into an ESPN+ subscription. This
role will also manage other assigned areas as required in support
of producing the best possible fan experience for all ESPN
users.The candidate must possess a strong data-driven mindset and
have experience working on consumer-facing products and conversion
funnel optimization for a customer-facing web site or mobile
- Play a key role in defining the roadmap for ESPN+
- Product Management: Proactively develop feature ideas to
improve products based on business goals and KPIs. Collaborate with
business stakeholders to develop detailed product requirements in
alignment with overall product team strategy. Collaborate with
design/UX, content, and operations teams to execute.
- Execute Projects: Collaborate with internal technology teams to
define, design, and deliver on user stories using an Agile Product
Development workflow. Launch features within budget and on
schedule. Fulfill required project management tasks for products
under the Product Manager's direct responsibility.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to
developers, designers, and stakeholders.
- Own the product requirements, user flows, experiences and
- Follow market trends to determine new or enhanced product
capabilities that positively impact fan experience.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Responsible for ideating and improving the experience across
all screens and environments (Web and App)
- Collect and analyze video data to understand behavioral
patterns of our users and use that insight to improve fan
experiences and increase engagement on the platform.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders,
while still delivering high quality products in consistent
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs,
understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams
with competing priorities.Basic Qualifications :
- 4+ years of professional experience in a consumer-oriented
digital media company with direct Product Management leadership
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving product
development, preferably on a customer facing mobile app and ideally
with accountability for user flow, funnel optimization and
- Demonstrated proficiency in A-B testing, data analysis and
analytical thinking, preferably with experience in Omniture,
Localytics, Optimizely, or other similar tools.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and
outside of ESPN, including strategic partners.
- Familiarity and passion for app development on native platforms
(iOS/TVOS, Android, Roku, Chromecast, etc)
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching
with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and
- Experience with Agile product development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- Passionate sports fan and regular user of ESPN products and
services, and loves streaming sports.
- Heavy user of streaming services like Netflix, YouTube TV, or
other similar products.
- Experience using Omniture, Localytics, Optimizely, or other
- Experience managing product requirements and release
deliverables in JIRA.
- Familiarity with App Store Connect and Google Play app
- Experience working with large, cross-functional development
teams.Required Education :
- Minimum - High School Diploma
- Preferred - Master's DegreeAdditional Information :
Keywords: ESPN, Burbank , Senior Product Manager, ESPN, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!