Manager, Originals - Unscripted Formats (DBT)
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Disney Branded Television is seeking an Unscripted Series
Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Unscripted
Content team. As an Unscripted Series Manager at Disney Branded
Television, you will help manage the development and production
slate of Unscripted Disney+ Originals with a focus on
premium-quality unscripted docu-series and formats across all
genres.The right person for this role is a highly self-directed and
enthusiastic problem solver, with an ability to inspire and effect
change through influence and collaboration. If you are someone who
has a strong interest in & understands the unscripted
development-to-series pipeline, is a true fan of all things pop
culture and content, and has a unique sense of creativity, then
this is a great role for you.Responsibilities:
- Supporting the VP of Unscripted Series on all aspects of
creative development and production across multiple Unscripted
Disney+ Original projects in various genres.
- Develop a deep understanding of Disney Branded Television brand
values, key demo target/s, and business objectives to help
determine what original series will move the needle for the brand
and generate significant commercial value.
- Develop and leverage prod co and agency contacts to actively
bring in on-brand, on-model projects.
- Collaborate with the VP of Unscripted Series and Unscripted
team to develop new unscripted concepts to achieve a best-in-class
slate of projects.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest trends and content for
inspiration for ideas in development, talent, production talent,
- Work with creators, external partners, and Walt Disney Company
stakeholders to develop and note treatments, sizzles, and
- Drafting and creating materials for projects including but not
limited to writing copy, concept decks, one-sheets, drafting
sizzle/concept tapBasic Qualifications:
- A real love and deep knowledge of pop culture and content
across multiple genres (unscripted and scripted).
- 5+ years of development and/or production experience at a
network, production company or agency.
- Strong creative writing abilities (writing samples a plus)
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain a
high level of confidentiality
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to anticipate issues
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to collaborate creatively with teammates and external
and internal partners on various projects
- A commitment to identifying and elevating talent and stories
from underrepresented groups.
- A distinct creative voice. Confident in instincts but
understanding the importance of the give and take in the creative
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with
talent and production partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: ABC, Burbank , Manager, Originals - Unscripted Formats (DBT), Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!