Director, Sustainability- Operations
Company: WarnerMedia, WARNERMEDIA
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce
that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros.
Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company
offering audiences the worlds most differentiated and complete
portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television,
film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. Were home to the worlds
best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers.
From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond,
join us as we step into the next chapter.
The JobAs a member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Corporate Social
Responsibility team, this position plays a pivotal role in driving
the companys environmental sustainability priorities and progress
toward carbon emissions tracking and measurable reduction. Working
closely with the VP/Head of Sustainability and other key internal
stakeholderssuch as production, facilities, procurement/sourcing
and travelthis position directs, develops, executes and/or oversees
the operational standards, guidelines, programs and initiatives,
and data management that contribute to the companys carbon
emissions goals and sustainability priorities.
- Collects, analyzes and manages greenhouse gas inventory and
data for operations across the company, including facilities and
- Working closely with production/business unit stakeholders
(film, TVscripted and unscripted, news, sports, regional
production) around the world, establishes and/or harmonizes company
sustainability standards and guidelines for its varied production
businesses in support of the companys carbon reduction commitments.
Ensures global rollout and adoption of guidelines, modifying when
necessary to respond to changing regulatory, science and social
landscapes. Sets short- and long-term targets and KPIs. Gathers,
analyzes and presents baseline data and narratives. Oversees and/or
directs related reporting.
- Serves as a partner to and thought leader with WBD Government
Affairs to strategically address local government sustainability
initiatives with implications to production (e.g., tax incentives)
and operations. Identifies and executes on solutions that align
with sustainable business goals.
- Serves as a key representative in industry production
initiatives and sustainable production groups, such as the
Sustainable Production Alliance, to accelerate and drive solutions
that benefit WBD production targets and the industry at large.
- Partners with WBD Facilities and Studio Operations teams to
ensure accurate greenhouse gas data collection for facilities
around the world. Identify opportunities and develop and execute on
plans to reduce Scopes 1 and 2 emissions at company-owned and
leased facilities, including production studios. Sets targets and
KPIs. Works with and/or directs vendors, as necessary.
- With procurement/sourcing, ad sales, consumer products, travel
and other internal departments, develops and executes measurable
plans to reduce emissions in key Scope 3 categories.
- Directs and, as necessary, supports Associate Manager,
Sustainable Operations on day-to-day sustainable production program
and collaboration with production teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as priorities change.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Graduate degree in sustainability, ESG, business, management a
- Must be a skilled strategist, adept in developing and executing
on strategic plans and goals
- Results-driven; demonstrated ability to set and meet measurable
goals, targets and KPIs
- Strong project management skills and ability to direct and
- Strong track record building and maintaining internal and
- Strong data collection, management, analysis, reporting and
visualization skills required
- Knowledge of global sustainability and ESG issues, regulations
- Knowledge of and experience working with/in the entertainment
production landscape preferred
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate to various
audiences compliance, regulatory, data and climate science relevant
to the business
- Experience managing staff
- Effective interpersonal skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and
Photoshop) a plus
The Nice to Haves
- Must be detail oriented and goal driven
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well
under time constraints
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to shifting priorities
- Must be highly analytical, data driven and capable of managing
large data sets
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and schedule
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) and
a confident public speaker
- Must have ability to navigate production, studio, corporate,
nonprofit and government landscapes
- Must work with stakeholders at all levels
- Must be a team player
- Must possess a professional mannerism
- Must be able to work independentlyThis position is required to
work in person at one of our locations in the United States.
WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S.
to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine
requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable
accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a
workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world
around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take
seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on
the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic
information, marital status, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status or any other category protected by
If youre a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: WarnerMedia, WARNERMEDIA, Burbank , Director, Sustainability- Operations, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!