Director, Custodial Services
Company: Creative Heads, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2022
DescriptionWho are we hiring?
The Director of Custodial Services is responsible for the planning
and execution of all custodial, facility maintenance and employee
management. This position is additionally responsible for
overseeing building requirements for all Arena events. The Director
will interface with the MSG Production Department and other
building managers as necessary to ensure that the Facilities
Division is providing the highest level of service while
prioritizing daily event needs and orchestrating activities to
maximize labor productivity. The position collaborates with
internal and external clients to minimize expenses. The scope of
this position encompasses a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation with
the transition of numerous concurrent daily events, multiple
unions, work rules and jurisdictions.
What will you do?
- Establish policies and procedures for all custodial services
departments while ensuring a productive and safe work
- Work closely with the People Solutions team to schedule staff
and specialty services.
- Direct the custodial managers who oversee and supervise the
daily housekeeping and prearrange staff in accordance with event
- Working with other Venue Operations departments and MSG Sphere
divisions, develop event budgets for residencies, attractions, and
corporate & sporting events.
- Responsible for coordinating all logistics with offsite storage
facilities including managing updated inventory reports, billing,
and execution of pick-ups and deliveries.
- Purchase any equipment used in various cleaning processes.
Establish and maintain relationships with vendors for equipment
maintenance and purchase. Escalate any maintenance issues as
- Evaluate and constantly improve the quality of the facility
condition and services ensuring the highest client satisfaction and
- Formulate and manage custodial service budgets and maintain all
inventory for cleaning supplies.
- Responsible for maintain a first-class facility operation. Will
manage and care for all aspects of the physical facility with a
goal of establishing a high level of facility appearance,
functionality and operational standards to deliver a supervisor
experience to clients and guests.
- Oversee the hiring, training and evaluation of performance of
all custodial staff and outside services.
- Maintain high level of responsiveness to emergencies in a fast
paced, time sensitive environment.SUPERVISION: -
- Manager Custodial Services
- Supervisor Custodial ServicesSPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, have
split days off, work weekends and holidays in a 24-hours, 7 days a
What do you need to succeed?
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years of
Facility Management experience dealing with multiple events in a
time sensitive environment required.
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of
college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown
similar self-development through certifications, trade school
coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Progressive experience in Facilities Management and Event
Production with direct responsibility for supervising back of house
operating functions with an emphasis on Building Maintenance and
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service experience for
both internal and external clients.
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while
under tight deadlines and financial constraints.
- Ability - to compile and execute company and departmental
standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Experience managing a unionized workforce.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the
- Ability to plan for, develop, analyze and manage expenses to a
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Why is MSG for me?
With MSG Sphere, we are creating an entirely new medium that will
deliver immersive entertainment experiences at an unparalleled
scale. Beyond a venue, Sphere is a multi-sensory platform with
experiential technology programming directly to your senses. You
will see in ways never imagined, hear with every fiber of your
being, and experience like never before. To deliver on this
promise, we are building the largest immersive venue in the world,
MSG Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas, with a second Sphere venue
planned for London, pending necessary approvals. In addition to
building a breakthrough venue, we're building a production studio
team, a technology venture team, and a full commercial organization
to make the MSG Sphere a world class brand and business for our
fans, our artists, and our partners. We have offices and roles in
Burbank CA, Las Vegas NV, New York, NY and London.
We focus on Career Development and Invest in YOU
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees'
talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We
are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help
employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their
talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in
their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary
employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual
and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to
federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will
consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.
- Primary Job Duty: Establish policies and procedures for all
custodia, Work closely with the People Solutions team to sch
- Primary Software: Progressive experience in Facilities
Management an, Commitment to providing a high-quality service
Keywords: Creative Heads, Inc., Burbank , Director, Custodial Services, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!