Wendy's General Manager
Company: WKS Restaurant Group
Posted on: November 25, 2022
WKS Restaurant Group - SummaryManages the operations and staff
of Wendy's restaurant, including the execution of all Company
policies, procedures, programs and systems. Ensures objectives are
reached in all areas while following all Company guidelines.
Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
ethical business practices. Provides leadership, direction,
training and development to subordinate managers and crew.Essential
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSales Goals
- Manages sales goals versus budget and prior year.
- Executes national and local marketing programs and new product
- Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve
unfavorable trends and enhance sales.
- Communicates sales performance and anticipated variances to
District Manager and store management team.
- Responds to intrusive activities aimed at diverting store
- Builds sales by promoting customer satisfaction.Managing Cost
- Manages profit goals versus budget and prior year.
- Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable
- Manages costs by monitoring crew prep, production and
- Tracks waste levels using established procedures and monitoring
crew position procedures.
- Develops and implements appropriate plans to resolve
unfavorable trends and enhance profits.
- Communicates profitability performance and anticipated
variances to DM and store management team.Human Resources
- Ability to get along with staff and co-workers
- Ensures the execution of the restaurant's overall Human
- Processes crew applications and sets up interviews, checks
- Maintains an on-going system for the recruitment, development,
recognition and retention of store management and crew.
- Manages subordinate store management and crew employees in a
manner which maximizes retention and contributes towards
achievement of turnover goals.
- Utilizes approved interviewing tools to identify qualified
applicants who positively reflect Wendy's image.
- Manages and resolves performance issues with subordinate
managers and crew including counseling and disciplining employees
using consistent practices and following company policies and state
& federal laws.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are achieved.
- Interviews and hires crew to ensure adequate coverage.
- Conducts quality, timely performance feedback and performance
appraisals for store management & crew.
- Oversees and participates in providing quality, timely
performance feedback and performance appraisals for crew &
- Serves as a role model, trains and coaches store managers in
leadership, problem solving and other management skills.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment
- Maintains a work environment in which employees are treated
with respect and dignity.
- Follow open door processes.
- Follows all company policies & proceduresQuality, Service, and
- Achieves and maintains Sparkle certification through the
execution of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards.
- Trains and executes all food safety procedures and ensures
compliance with Health Department regulations.
- Monitors product quality during shift by talking with customers
- Monitors product quality by managing crew performance and
- Interacts with customers and ensures a timely resolution of all
- Tracks service times and determines efficiency; takes
corrective action with management staff and crew as necessary.
Performs Manager Walk for all areas of the entire store, addresses
and resolves any safety/ cleanliness issuesTraining
- Provides proper training and development in compliance with the
- Conducts timely and quality store orientations for managers and
- Utilizes Crew Orientation and WE Learn Training system on a
daily basis or as instructed.
- Communicates and trains on operations changes and new products
to managers and crew.
- Assists with new Assistant Manager training.
- Audits and reviews systems, checklists and work habits to
ensure store personnel are demonstrating desired behaviors.
- Evaluates high-performing crew to be considered as potential
Crew Leaders or Shift Managers.
- Trains crew to respond promptly to customer needs and to
solicit feedback to determine customer satisfaction.
- Ensures safety training is conducted for all employees every
- Trains crew to maintain store cleanliness during shift by
following the Company's procedures.
- Provides priorities and task assignments to crew to accomplish
- Ensures store compliance with Company operating policies and
- Works with DM to establish store priorities and develops and
executes store plans.
- Evaluates store performance, receives and incorporates feedback
from store inspections, and implements action plans to improve
- Achieves continual improvement in SOE, FSE and other store
- Conducts regular managers meetings to communicate and reinforce
- Utilizes approved uniform program.Controls
- Ensures execution of Company policies and procedures for the
control of cash, property, product and equipment (store priorities
and store plan).
- Follows flow charts to ensure crew is meeting prep and
- Identifies and resolves potential security issues.
- Ensures cash, food, labor and wage guidelines are met.
- Manages store inventory (e.g. counts, levels, targets, waste,
- Trains and monitors crew in cash and product inventory
- Complies with all safety and health standards and all
applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintains safe working conditions by taking actions to prevent
accidents and initiating corrective actions as appropriate to
prevent recurrence of safety concerns.
- Ensures maintenance of building, grounds and equipment to
include training and execution of Preventive Maintenance Program
and tracks progress to completion.
- Manages shift to Q.S.C level of 85% or better.Administrative
- Completes all administrative requirements and reports.
- Writes crew schedule to meet plans and objectives of unit
- Analyzes P&L and reviews with management team.
- Manages employee files, payroll records and other Company
records in accordance with Company policies and legislative
- Completes schedules, invoices, payroll records, P&L etc. on
a timely basis.
- Manages employment applications, completeness of employee
files, including presence of all necessary documents.
- Performs exit interview process for crew.
- Reports all accidents promptly and accurately.
- Adheres to all Safety Program and Safety Marshal procedures
according to policy guidelines.Performs all other job-related
duties as may be assigned or required.*REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS AN
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION*Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job duty has four to five subordinate
supervisors reporting to him/her. They are Crew Leader, Shift
Supervisor, AMIT (if phase I), Assistant Manager and Co-Manager. At
Times there could be as many as 30+ employees to report directly to
the particular job position and as many as 18 on
shift.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Company's operating systems and procedures
- Company's policies and procedures
- P&L analysis and corrective measures
- Supervisory practices
- Planning and budgeting
- Interviewing practices
- Training and development practices
- Federal, state and local employment lawsEducation and/or
ExperienceBachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or
university; or one to two years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language
SkillsAbility to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Mathematical
SkillsAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.Reasoning AbilityAbility to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
concrete variables.Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsWithin 90
days of hire or promotion into position, must attend GM Core class
and Crew Interviewing Workshop. Must be Serve-Safe
Certified.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the functions of this job, the employee may be required to stand;
walk; sit; use hand to figure, feel or handle. The employee may
also be required to reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. At times the employee may be required to lift up
to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to drive an automobile
to run company errands such as making bank deposits and picking up
changes, going to company training and company meetings, and
occasionally borrowing or purchasing product or other items for the
restaurant.If driving for company business, the employee is
required to maintain a valid state issued driver's license and
vehicle insurance coverage within the applicable state
guidelines.Employee may be exposed to high heat from grill and
fryer equipment and may be exposed to cooking oils and other
materials typically used in preparing fast food products.There are
no special vision requirements for this job position.Age
RequirementsMust be 18 years old or olderWork EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The General Manager must be able to stand for long
periods without a break, and be able to travel to the bank, other
restaurants, Area Office etc. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: WKS Restaurant Group, Burbank , Wendy's General Manager, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!