Manager, DEI, Pipeline COE
Company: Warner Bros. Discovery
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just
referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even
to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of
iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing
our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living
rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the
globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully
curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best
selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you
Your New Role...
The Manager, DEI, Pipeline COE will manage operationalization of
various DEI programs and projects, create timelines and curriculum
for Pipeline Programs that ensure efficiency, manage learning and
impact assessments of Enterprise DEI strategic efforts, and partner
with various businesses and markets globally to operationalize and
measure DEI strategic efforts worldwide.
This role partners closely with multiple areas of the business,
specifically with Enterprise DEI COE, HR, Production,
Communications, Legal, and Programming. The Manager will be
responsible for supporting and operationalizing strategic efforts
including, but not limited to, various projects and programs
derived from DEI Pipeline strategy, manage development and measure
impact of DEI programs, and support Enterprise DEI team with
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Manage execution and advance the Warner Bros. Discovery global
DE&I strategy in collaboration with internal partners to
support key business needs, goals, and objectives. Work with these
BUs to identify pipeline program needs and construct applicable
programs based on enterprise interest.
- Expand, scale, and brand existing and future DE&I
initiatives to attract, cultivate, and retain diverse talent.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to
implement company-wide DE&I pipeline programs, including
training, workshops, and events.
- Create tools that capture ongoing partnerships, programs and
pipeline programs and measure impact and progress of DEI
- Help identify new partnerships, specifically as they relate to
support underrepresented populations.
- Collect and maintain accurate and timely DE&I data and
reporting to measure progress and identify opportunities.
- Stay abreast of global data and trends in the industry and
maintain up-to-date knowledge of global diversity, inclusion and
- The role will coordinate and liaise frequently with advocacy
organizations, industry groups, and guilds.
- Work with internal current/development teams to execute
programs including identifying internal reviewers, procuring
internal mentors, and staffing participants on internal shows upon
the conclusion of the program
- Build curriculums, identify educators/instructors for existing
and new programs
- Produce masterclass style sessions for various programs,
including securing speakers and moderating conversations.
- Work globally with other regions to set up and facilitate
- Liaise with program participants through the duration of
programs, ensuring programs are inclusive, accessible and
- Work with external partners to ensure submission windows are
wide-reaching and inclusive.
- Participate in submission review processes for various programs
including interviewing final candidates.
- Conduct program postmortems and feedback sessions to identify
ways to enhance future initiatives
- Travel as needed for execution of pipeline programs.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience necessary
- 5+ years of prior experience in TV/film production, diversity
and inclusion, and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and innovation.
- Proactive collaborator and problem-solver with demonstrated
ability to oversee a project from concept to completion.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop meaningful relationships and effectively
partner with individuals and groups of multicultural backgrounds.
- Able to balance multiple priorities, be resourceful and make
quick decisions while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter mentality and comfortable working
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and
- Production experience and/or deep understanding of TV/film
production is a plus.
The Nice to Haves
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and respond accordingly
in a fast-paced environment
- Great communicator who can build strong working relationships
with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Able to build trust and psychological safety within an
- Data savvy, being able tell the right stories using data,
leveraging insight to measure return on investment and progress
against the DEI agenda.
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of
current production DEI needs and DEI trends
- Passion to drive change, highly organised and strong strategic
and execution capabilities.
- Strong analytical and numerical capability to manage DEI
- Proven passion for the topics of diversity & inclusion,
workplace culture and social impact
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our
guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are
central to how we get things done. You can find them at
www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the
team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We
hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them
during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation,
or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required.
$0.00 - $0.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual
bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific
awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of
benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an
employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a
retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a
workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world
around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take
seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on
the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic
information, marital status, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status or any other category protected by
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a
reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position,
please contact us at email@example.com.
Keywords: Warner Bros. Discovery, Burbank , Manager, DEI, Pipeline COE, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!