Marketing Associate, Franchise Management & Marketing
Company: Warner Bros.
Posted on: September 24, 2018
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Marketing Associate, Franchise Management & Marketing for the Franchise Management & Marketing department. The Associate, Franchise Management and Marketing, is a member of the larger, global Live Action Film & TV Franchise Management and Marketing team, which oversees new and classic TV properties such as Friends, The Big Bang Theory and Riverdale as well as classic horror films, The Middle Earth franchise and other new and classic theatrical and TV properties. This team is responsible for the overall management of these franchises within Consumer Products.
The Associate, Franchise Management and Marketing, is a global role responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of franchise and marketing initiatives for the Live Action franchises and any additional properties, as assigned.
The position requires strong written and verbal communication and liaising with internal and external parties, including but not limited to other WB Divisions, Talent management, colleagues around the world, etc. All communication is done in a professional and timely manner. Innovative thinking and strong project management skills are required in the development of all marketing and promotional materials as well as the spearheading of new and on-going initiatives and projects.
The Associate will:
- Assist in executing franchise strategies and marketing initiatives in support of core franchises and individual properties.
- Drive acquisition, development, approval and use of theatrical and tv assets.
- Review, route and approve all marketing submissions.
- Contribute to product development approvals, providing Franchise guidance.
- Develop materials for franchise presentation decks, licensee and retailer pitch decks, sizzle videos, and similar related materials needed to drive the franchise.
- Obtain necessary internal and external and 3rd party approvals (including Legal, Brand Assurance usage rights, and Talent) for all marketing materials and assets for licensees and promotional partners.
- Develop franchise development calendars.
- Create and maintain embargo calendars for new properties/films.
- Solicit industry and competitive trend information from sales/retail, category, and creative/product development from global teams as well as external data sources.
- Other projects and duties may be assigned dependent on business development and needs.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in business/marketing.
- Minimum 2 years marketing experience.
- Previous marketing experience.
- Franchise development experience.
- Experience in the Live Action TV ad or Film industry a plus.
- A passion for and knowledge of WB Live Action film and TV properties (e.g. Riverdale, Supernatural, Friends, The Big Bang Theory, The Middle Earth Franchise (The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit), WB Horror films).
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and presentation software programs, especially PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Clear understanding of marketing principles.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and media marketing tools.
- Strong understanding of Licensing.
*The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Keywords: Warner Bros., Burbank , Marketing Associate, Franchise Management & Marketing, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!