Company: Clarivate Analytics US LLC
Posted on: May 13, 2019
CLARIVATE ANALYTICS CLIENTS ARE THE TRAILBLAZERS AND RISK TAKERS
WHO COME UP WITH LIFE-CHANGING IDEAS. WE RE LOOKING FOR OUR OWN
TRAILBLAZERS TO HELP US KEEP PROVIDING CLIENTS SOME OF THE WORLD S
MOST TRUSTED BRANDS, SPANNING SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC RESEARCH,
PATENT ANALYTICS, PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECH INTELLIGENCE AND IP
WE RE AN INDEPENDENT OWNED COMPANY WITH A RICH HERITAGE AND A BOLD
ENTREPRENEURIAL MISSION. IF YOU RE EXCITED BY THE THOUGHT OF
HELPING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS GO FROM NEW IDEAS TO LIFE-CHANGING
INNOVATIONS FASTER, WE RE EXCITED TO CONSIDER YOU FOR A POSITION AT
Clarivate Analytics accelerates the pace of innovation by providing
trusted insights and analytics to customers around the world,
enabling them to discover, protect and commercialize new ideas
faster. Formerly the Intellectual Property and Science business of
Thomson Reuters, we own and operate a collection of leading
subscription-based services focused on scientific and academic
research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, pharmaceutical
and biotech intelligence, trademark protection, domain brand
protection and intellectual property management. Clarivate
Analytics is now an independent company with over 4,000 employees,
operating in more than 100 countries and owns well known brands
that include Web of Science, Cortellis, Thomson Innovation, Derwent
World Patents Index, CompuMark, MarkMonitor and Techstreet, among
others. For more information, visit clarivate.com.
At Clarivate Analytics, we deliver intelligent information quickly
and efficiently, so professionals have the knowledge to act. We
provide comprehensive intellectual property (IP) and scientific
information, decision support tools and services that enable
governments, academia, publishers, corporations and law firms to
discover, develop and deliver innovations.
Clarivate Analytics is focused on growth through meeting the needs
of researchers and being at the heart of discovery and evaluation
across Scientific and Academic Research globally, with market
leading solutions for research discovery, research management,
analytics and publication submission.
Our mission is to enable the research community to accelerate the
pace of scientific discovery and evaluate its impact, improving
lives across the globe. Our scientific and academic research
solutions are underpinned by the leading global analytics and
dataset on research in the Web of Science, and innovation in the
analytics, metrics and evaluation and benchmarking tools we develop
is at the core of that mission.
The role of the Account Manager will be an integral member of the
Analytics and Techstreet performance and success. The Account
Manager is responsible for understanding the customer s business
needs in detail and aligning their needs with appropriate solutions
to proactively drive new sales and growth opportunities. This
position will have a dual responsibility for acquiring new
customers and maintaining, renewing and driving growth in a
portfolio of existing customers.
The Account Manager will gain a detailed understanding of the
engineering standards industry. From this foundation, the Account
Manager works to present viable and attractive solutions to client
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drives revenue growth of Techstreet products and solutions by
meeting or exceeds both new sales and retention goals on monthly
and quarterly basis.
* Pursues net new business through a high volume of strategic
prospecting and account development.
* Analyzes client needs and develop strategies tailored to each
* Maintains, develops and grows a rigorous pipeline, with accurate
* Negotiates and closes business segment customer contracts.
* Creates and manages a territory development plan and reports on
* Utilizes knowledge of intellectual property to conceive and
position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the
corporation and to lift growth in Clarivate Analytics revenues.
* Contributes to the development of new sales revenues and client
retention by identifying potential sales and retention
opportunities, conducting in pre-sales calls, delivering customized
presentations, creating written proposals and providing
* Builds strong trust relationships with clients, creating trust
and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts,
managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales
* Collaborates with internal stakeholder to identify cross-sell
* Captures and records customer information and sales activity data
into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate
* Maintains and reports regularly on a pipeline of sales activity,
revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
* Operates as an integral member of the Regional sales team,
contributing skills and knowledge to the development of
* Obtains competitive information during daily contacts and
distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
* Proactively work with internal support groups to ensure a
coordinated and effective sales effort.
* Assist in establishing product development priorities based on
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Bachelors Degree Required.
* Prior intellectual property knowledge and familiarity with
engineering standards is preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling
* Proven track record of successfully managing a large volume of
accounts while upselling and exceeding renewal & new business
* Proven consultative sales abilities in these areas: research and
development, competitive intelligence and engineering of
corporations, medical device, and oil & gas organizations.
* Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate
across multiple departments and influence all levels within an
organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate
resources to close sales.
* Assimilates new information readily and is able to apply this
knowledge within a customer organization.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Clarivate Analytics US LLC, Burbank , Account Manager, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!