Manager, Strategy & Business Development
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?Warner Bros. Consumer
Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the
Studio s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises
into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with
best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys,
fashion, home d cor, and publishing inspired by franchises and
properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera. The division
s successful global themed entertainment business includes
groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry
Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global
licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives,
promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the
leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the
world. To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to
model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion,
leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep
brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering
best-in-class talent. We are currently seeking a Manager for the
Strategy and Business Development department. This position under
the direction of Vice President, will support Warner Bros. Consumer
Products in the development of cross-divisional, divisional and
business-specific strategies and new growth opportunities. This
position is a proactive role that requires a level of partnership
and collaboration with Consumer Products business executives, their
respective teams including Category, Retail, Franchise Management,
Financial Planning & Analysis, International and other
cross-divisional partners. Specifically, the responsibilities will
- Providing financial and strategic support in development of
cross-divisional and WBCP specific business growth strategies;
evaluating new business development initiatives; and assisting in
the development of Warner Bros. Consumer Products global long-term
- Managing and supporting Warner Bros. Consumer Products
strategic planning process, including development of key
deliverables, planning milestones and timelines.
- In partnership with Vice President, preparing and developing
Warner Bros. Consumer Products long range strategic plan inclusive
of industry/consumer trends and insights to help inform WBCP
- Supporting and partnering with Warner Bros. cross-divisional
partners (e. g. Corporate Business. Development and Strategy,
Corporate Technology, Studio Facilities, DC, etc ) on the
development of joint business strategies and growth
- Preparing and providing financial models and strategic support
in evaluating new business / new property development
- Preparing internal presentations highlighting strategic
opportunity(ies), key considerations, financial and/or commercial
- Staying abreast of industry, consumer, retail and competitive
trends and insights impacting Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Supporting Warner Bros. Consumer Products senior executives in
the preparation of business discussion documents.
- Supporting and delivering against financial/business analyses,
ad hoc and special projects requests.
- Serving as liaison between Warner Bros. Consumer Products and
our key cross-divisional business partners.What do we require from
- Bachelor s degree in business strategy, finance or related
field, MBA degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in consulting, finance, strategic
planning, business/financial planning or business development.
- Industry experience in consumer products, consulting, media and
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing complex financial models and
- Experience analyzing detailed industry and company
business/financial information and summarizing into
strategic/business rationale and perspective.
- Knowledge of consumer products, licensed merchandise, media and
- Ability to manage and lead cross-functional and
cross-divisional teams and workstreams.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Keywords: WarnerBros, Burbank , Manager, Strategy & Business Development, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!