Sales Account Manager
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: August 13, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-includingClub Car--, Ingersoll Rand--,Thermo King--and
Trane-- - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air
in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables;
and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a
global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and
enduring results. For more information,
We are seeking aSales Account Managerto join our Precision Flow
Systems business. We are a leading worldwide manufacturer of fluid
handling products that are expertly engineered to deliver
performance and serviceability, enabling our customers to achieve
the best total cost of ownership. Our fluid brands include: ARO--,
Milton Roy--, Milton Roy Mixing--, LMI--, Haskel--, BuTech--,
Dosatron--, Williams--, LINC, YZ-- Systems and Hartell--. For more
information, visit https://www.arozone.com/en/our-brands.html.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment.We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual
orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities,
and United States qualified protected veterans.
The individual with be a technically inclined sales person with an
understanding of hydraulics-fluid power, who is accomplished in:
- Industrial distribution management
- Product Training
- The process of influencing brand preference from a features and
benefits differentiation standpoint.
This person is well versed in how to assist the specifying and
purchasing decisions relative to the application of Haskel products
(pumps, air amplifiers and gas boosters) and Butech high pressure
valves, fittings and tubing.
This person needs to reside on the east coast of the United States
and will be responsible for a territory that stretches from Georgia
- Grow annual sales to meet the company goals and fulfill the
- The qualified candidate will promote and support sales activity
within the territory.
- To become effectively educated in the assigned target market,
products and industries.
- Bring added value to the process from one's own energy and
ambition for success.
- Management and direct the existing sales channels within the
assigned region to encompass establishment of sales targets,
submission of performance reviews, monthly sales reports,
development of regional sales strategies and supervising corrective
action measures as may be required.
- Make recommendations relating to potential changes in sales
channel representation and market segmentation as might be required
to meet all financial regional objectives and establish new sales
channels within the territory.
- Interact with the global key accounts team to secure large
projects within the territory.
- Provide technical product training as required for all Reps and
Distributors in the assigned region.
- Provide data book / policy training as required with the sales
- Conduct sales calls with Reps and Distributors in the assigned
region to support their efforts in growing sales in the assigned
- Evaluate and suggest new market and existing market
opportunities for sales growth in the assigned region.
- Collect information relating to changes in the market place in
the assigned region.
- Maintain a "Report Card" on all assigned Reps and Distributors
with quarterly updates.
Skills / Equipment:
- The optimum Regional Manager is accomplished in both selling
through independent channels as well as direct. They are
experienced in managing OEM and Key Accounts. They are relationship
builders, based on their credibility, integrity and knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding fluid dynamics including
compressible and non-compressible fluid flow.
- Has a successful career history that includes selling to end
users through independent distributors.
- Has knowledge of techniques to be successful in working with
- Preference to candidates with documentable new customer
- Preference for candidates who have an understanding of
hydraulics and fluid power.
- Accomplished sales to the target customer base within the
- Personal current "book" of customers who trust and respect the
- Knows the territory and lives within the East Coast / Atlantic
region of the United Statescurrently.
- High self-responsibility, self-confidence and self-managed
- Capable of working with others and under the direction of a
- Aptitude and inclination to be well planned; working from the
defined goal back to the plans.
- Results oriented; able and motivated to both present benefits
and close orders.
- Conviction and passion for the products are necessary.
- Always professional and responsible in appearance, actions and
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Comfortable
delivering public presentations.
- Excellent computer skills to include all Microsoft Office
- Accustomed to at least 50% travel primarily via company
vehicle. Must maintain valid current driver's license.
- Lives in the Atlantic Region of the United States.
- BS Degree - preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates with suitable, substantial experience along with
formal post graduate training in disciplines related to the
technology and target customer bases (industries), will be
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Burbank , Sales Account Manager, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!