Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: October 6, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King--
and Trane-- - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of
air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and
perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency.
We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable
progress and enduring results. For more information, visit
We are seeking an EH&S Manager to join our Precision Flow
Systems business in Burbank California. We are a leading worldwide
manufacturer of fluid handling products that are expertly
engineered to deliver performance and serviceability, enabling our
customers to achieve the best total cost of ownership. Our fluid
brands include: ARO--, Milton Roy--, Milton Roy Mixing--, LMI--,
Haskel--, BuTech--, Dosatron--, Williams--, LINC, YZ-- Systems and
Hartell--. For more information, visit
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual
orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities,
and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position will provide leadership to Haskel employees, manage
EH&S activities / programs and incident prevention activities
at our Haskel International Burbank CA location. This position will
also ensure compliance with Ingersoll Rand, local, state and
national requirements; as well as developing and implementing
safety programs, policies, training and procedures. This position
will promote a strong safety culture and maintenance of a healthy
- The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day EH&S
activities for the facility and will support the development and
implementation of EH&S management systems and risk reduction
initiatives. Such initiatives include pollution prevention, machine
guarding, confined space entry, vehicle safety, industrial hygiene,
control of hazardous energy, contractor safety, etc.
- Manages site activities to achieve EH&S goals and
- Develop and implement office area based EH&S action items
and other pertinent information. Analyze safety data to lead and
coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Drives and promotes zero incident culture and employee
engagement throughout the business. Drive incident and near miss
reporting. Perform robust root cause analysis on incidents and
injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their
- Implement applicable EH&S policies and procedures to be
followed in compliance with Ingersoll Rand, local, state and
federal rules and regulations.
- Coach / mentor employees on safe work practices, hazard
identification and risk management.
- Create, administer and provide necessary EH&S training for
- Conduct audits and inspections of company facilities and
recommend required corrective action to ensure compliance with
regulatory agency requirements. Ensure the recommended corrective
or preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
- Sustain the site's VPP status.
- Manage injury/incident data analysis and Workers Compensation
- Coordinate emergency/disaster preparedness and response teams
and programs. Ensure drills and equipment are in a ready state and
effective communication of responsibilities to personnel.
- Provide oversight for various facility engineering specialties
(Risk Management, Fire Suppression, Security, etc.).
- Acts as a technical resource to administration, department
managers and supervisors on all matters related to EH&S.
- Ensure contractors and subcontractors have implemented an
effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by
visiting / auditing work in progress on a regular basis.
Authority and Responsibility:
- Providing input and insuring that the Quality, Environmental
and Health and Safety (QEH&S) policy and objectives are
established and are compatible with the context and strategic
direction of the organization.
- Coordinating the EH&S Committee, Ergonomics Committee and
Environmental Committee activities.
- Providing technical support to managers and supervisors in the
implementation of the Integrated Management System.
- Reviewing current and proposed legislation to ensure compliance
with legal, regulatory and other requirements.
- Coordinating the identification of environmental aspects,
health and safety hazards and evaluation of their significance
based on risk level.
- Providing training to managers and supervisors on hazard
recognition and evaluation of risk based on provability, severity
of consequence and existing controls.
- Reviewing and monitoring Management of Change for processes,
equipment, materials, procedures, building layouts and
- Attending required EH&S training, reviewing and updating
EH&S training program and providing required EH&S
- Communicating and promoting awareness of EH&S requirements
throughout the company.
- Communicating with external interested parties on issues
related to the Integrated Management System.
- Developing and complying with EH&S rules and
- Coordinating EH&S facility inspections, identifying root
causes of deficiencies and preparing preventive / corrective
- Ensuring an adequate control of required EH&S records is
- Identifying the need for operational controls and coordinating
their implementation and maintenance.
- Coordinating the development and implementation of emergency
preparedness and response plans.
- Monitoring EH&S programs and reporting on their performance
Skills and Experience:
- 8 - 10 years of safety related experience in a manufacturing
- 2 - 5 years of EH&S Management in Health and Safety or
experience in requiring adherence to strong health and safety
- Experienced with the implementation of a benchmark EH&S
program such as DuPont STOP or similar.
- Experience with the development & implementation of ergonomic
programs, tools and equipment to reduce ergonomic based injuries
and lost time.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of OSHA / EPA / DOT
- Strong ability to lead, motivate, engage and influence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in
a team environment.
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Must possess strong communication and presentation skills and
have the ability to support a rigorous training curriculum with
other EH&S professionals.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
applications with a proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Highly motivated individual with leadership ability, strong
organizational skills and ability to serve customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering,
Occupational Safety or equivalent.
- One or more safety-related professional certifications desired
(i.e.; CIH or CSP).
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Burbank , EH&S Manager, Executive , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!