Registered Dietitian (Spanish Speaking)
Company: Regal Medical Group
Posted on: December 2, 2019
The position will be based our of our Northridge, CA corporate
office; however, it does require field work throughout the San
As one of the fastest growing Independent Physician Associations in
Southern California, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Community
Healthcare & Affiliated Doctors of Orange County, offers a
fast-paced, exciting, welcoming and supportive work environment.
Opportunities abound, and enterprising, capable, focused people
prosper with us. We promote teamwork, nurture learning, and
encourage advancement for all of our employees. We want to see you
excel, because we believe that your success is our success.
We currently have an opening for a Registered Dietician , bilingual
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following :
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Provides information and resources and teaches skills to
members to better manage chronic diseases and impact overall
wellness; provides direct group or one-on-one health education
services to members.
- Develops, implements and monitors ongoing plan of care based on
the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care
plans/education & based on the patient's age, nutrition and
psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background, and religious
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs,
implements, and evaluates basic health education programs,
protocols, and standards
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services,
including establishing effective patient referral and recruitment
tactics, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling
and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services
to promote the delivery of cost effective health education
- Participates in specialty clinical services including Diabetes
Management Clinic, Pharmacy Management Clinic, and Bariatric
program, and other specialty clinics as assigned.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally
appropriate written, audio-visual and on-line health education
materials and tools
- Consults with physicians, pharmacists, case management, social
workers and others as needed regarding individual patients and
related health education services
- Prepares reports & documentation as assigned
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals &
- Adheres to established work schedules and practices effective
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies as required .
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a Registered Dietician (RD), as confirmed by the
Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required; ability to develop
culturally relevant curriculum and materials for Hispanic
- 3 years prior experience in delivering individual and group
medical nutrition services and
- 2 years prior experience in curriculum development,
teaching/program planning and coordinating health education
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning
theory, group process theory and application
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Microsoft Office computing
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory,
Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written
communication skills, preferred We offer a full benefits package
which includes employer paid medical, pharmacy and dental benefits.
We offer a generous PTO package, 401k Retirement Savings, Life
Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Tuition Reimbursement &
Licensed Renewal Fees for our clinical staff.
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the LA City Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Regal Medical Group, Burbank , Registered Dietitian (Spanish Speaking), Healthcare , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!