Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Company: Crane Co.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist Location CA, Burbank
Department Operations Employment Type Full Time Crane Aerospace &
Electronics is seeking to hire an Environmental Health & Safety
(EH&S) Specialist in Burbank, CA.-- This position reports to
the site EH&S Manager. As our EH&S Specialist, you will
ensure site compliance with environmental, health and safety
regulatory requirements, as well serve as an advocate for our
site's safety program. You will act as a role model within all
areas of manufacturing. Job Summary: The Environmental Health &
Safety Specialist will use established procedures and work under
general supervision of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager
to implement and maintain company policies adhering to local, state
and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. This role
is involved in the design and development by the EH&S
Department of the manufacturing, work areas and work procedures and
implements environmental, health and safety initiatives. The
incumbent shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and
procedures within the environmental health and safety field. Relies
on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a
variety of complex tasks, multitasks and stays focused. A certain
degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety
- Create, maintains, and updates safety and environmental
procedures/programs in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Conduct safety audits, safety committee meetings, accident
investigations, ergonomic evaluations and emergency supply
- Advise manufacturing departments on accident-prevention and
- Coordinate safety training classes, schedules and
- Conduct new hire safety orientation.
- Keep current with changes to laws and regulations that impact
the organization and communicate them appropriately.
- Conducts Storm Water inspections and sample collections.
- Obtain and renew all required environmental permits.
- Maintain the site pollution prevention plan.
- Prepare and file all reports required by permits and regulatory
- Obtain waste analysis and accumulation of data required for
proper designation, labeling, placarding, and transportation.
- Coordinate with hazardous waste transport company for proper
removal and disposal of waste from site.
- Track hazardous waste and maintain documentation including
- Identify and investigate methods to reduce hazardous waste by
alternative manufacturing, materials, processes and recycling
opportunities; Implement recommended changes.
- Perform weekly site checks for proper storage, labeling,
disposal of hazardous waste and materials and maintain inspection
- Be a participant of the Emergency Response Team. Experience :
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience Knowledge:
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of applicable
environmental health & safety rules, laws and codes including
CFR's, CCR's, EPA, SCAQMD, DOT, RCRA and OSHA.
- A basic understanding of industrial chemicals and their
properties. Skills/Abilities :
- Ability to use Windows based software programs such as Word and
- Ability to work well with representatives of government and
- Willingness to investigate potentially hazardous
- Demonstrated ability to conduct stand up presentations
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external
- BS degree in Environmental Safety and Health Science or
- Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED, HAZWOPER, Emergency
Response, CIH, Forklift Trucks,--Fall Protection, & DOT are
preferred. Working Conditions:
- Working conditions can be indoor and outdoor in a manufacturing
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety
equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses,
gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps, respirators
and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud
noises, cold temperatures, wet weather, confined spaces, dust or
fumes, Chemicals spills and or fire.
- Monday-Friday (first shift), Flexible schedule and willing to
work overtime and weekends if necessary. Employment Eligibility
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa
sponsorship to be eligible. We are bound by International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as a US Department of Defense
contractor. About Crane Aerospace & Electronics : Crane Aerospace &
Electronics delivers innovative systems, components, and services
for commercial aircraft, defense platforms and space systems which
have proven reliability in mission-critical environments. Products
and services are organized into six integrated solutions: Cabin
Systems, Electrical Power Solutions, Fluid Management Solutions,
Landing Systems, Microwave Solutions, and Sensing Components &
Systems. You'll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the
toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from
satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial
systems (UAS). We are committed to operational excellence and
world-class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to
optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product
lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven
reliability and overall value. In our efforts to maintain a safe
and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires
that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to
employment. Crane Co. reserves the right to change or assign other
duties to this position. The statements contained herein reflect
general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of
this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and
the scope of accountability and responsibility. This description
should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work
requirements. Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or
U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic
protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in
recruiting , hiring, training and promoting.
Keywords: Crane Co., Burbank , Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!