RN Telemetry Medical-Surgical Float Pool Full Time Days
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: November 15, 2021
If you are interested please apply online send your resume to
Be part of a new and unique opportunity in the Medical
Surgical/Telemetry Float Pool at MLKCH! Floating allows you to get
exposure to other specialty units and exposure to working in our
ICU, COA and ED departments.
As a nurse, you will be a part of our mission to provide
compassionate collaborative, quality care to improve the health to
an underserved community.
Join our team as a Full-Time Nurse and enjoy excellent
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual*
- Medical benefit options: Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision options
- Extensive Voluntary Insurance options: Life Insurance and
Critical Illness Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan and employer match
- Employee Discounts
- Refer a nurse? Earn up to 5K per eligible referral
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $10,000 for FT employees*
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: MLKCH is a qualified
*subject to Policy rules and restrictions
The Clinical Staff Nurse is a skilled and experienced professional
Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for excellence in the clinical
practice of nursing and the management of patient care. Reporting
to the Manager of Medical-Surgical Telemetry, the RN will float as
needed throughout the hospital to provide care for Medical-Surgical
Telemetry patients. The settings would include inpatient
Medical-Surgical Telemetry units as well the Emergency Department,
the Intensive Care Unit or the Post Anesthesia Care Unit when
overflow Medical-Surgical Telemetry are being boarded there. The
Clinical Staff Nurse has 12 hour accountability for organizing,
planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality,
individualized patient/family centered care based on the Watson
Model of Care for a defined group of patients, including the
identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs
and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness. This
position requires the full understanding and active participation
in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community
Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate
behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall
support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan
and the goals and direction of the quality and performance
improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The nurse will exhibit flexibility in transfer of location
throughout the shift as patient census dictates.
- The nurse demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem
solving model; utilizing their knowledge and experience to
anticipate and plan to meet patient and family needs.
- Nursing assessment is focused to target areas most productive
for a given patient population or situation. Recognizes subtle
changes in clinical situation; evaluates and appropriately alters
the plan of care. Is accountable for prioritizing and organizing
patient care and ensuring follow through with planned care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on the
assigned unit. Consistently applies current literature/research
findings and critical thinking skills to make sound clinical
- Demonstrates the Hospital's Patient Satisfaction effort when
interacting with patients, families, and co-workers.
- The nurse develops and maintains a therapeutic nurse/patient
relationship throughout the health care continuum. Respect for
patient's rights is an integral part of the nurse/patient
relationship as reflected in our values and mission. Conducts
hourly rounding on patients.
- The nurse communicates utilizing the SBAR in all hand-off
- Performs documentation of patient care including: assessment,
interdisciplinary plan of care (IPOC), implementation, evaluation,
and the Watson Model of Care following unit specific and hospital
documentation policies and procedures.
- Anticipates variables affecting patient comfort and alters
physical and psychosocial interventions accordingly, using a
variety of modalities. Assists patient/family to maximize sense of
control and actively participate in his/her recovery.
- Demonstrates commitment to meeting the learning needs of
patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those
needs and achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Works with Care Managers during the patient's stay and takes a
proactive role in coordinating interdisciplinary discharge planning
for a specific patient population.
- Reviews all orders on patients and communicates changes in
patient condition with physician and other team members. Contacts
the physician promptly with significant changes in patient's
condition, collaborates professionally for required orders and
follows-up with revised care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and
documents outcomes in the IPOC.
- Utilizes patient classification system according to
- Demonstrates ability to plan, supervise, instruct and evaluate
ancillary nursing personnel, orientees and registry staff.
- Upholds professional appearance and demonstrates such through
adherence to dress code. Wears hospital I.D. badge and promotes the
standard of proper identification for peers and staff.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment that complies with
regulatory standards including Patient Safety Goals.
- Participates in the implementation of the unit specific Quality
and Performance Improvement Plan, completes monitoring forms and
reports findings to the Clinical Unit Supervisor and Nurse
- Assist with unit orientation of new employees.
- Assist with unit set-up of equipment, supplies, patient rooms,
- Assist in the Care Collaborative System training for new
- Participate in integrated testing for the Care Collaborative
- Provide basic hygiene and ADL's to patients.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing degree preferred.
- Associate in Nursing, Nursing Diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of clinical nursing experience in Telemetry
or combined Medical-Surg-Tele unit.
- Current California Nursing license
- Basic EKG Competence
- Certification in Progressive Critical Care Nursing
- Certification in Medical / Surgical Nursing preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish)
- Basic computer skills
- Dysrhythmia Course certificate preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Blue Card within 90 Days of
hire or requirement notification.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
MLK Community Healthcare
1680 E 120th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Burbank , RN Telemetry Medical-Surgical Float Pool Full Time Days, Healthcare , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!