Banquet Food Server
Company: Spire Hospitality
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking an
energetic, positive, self starting Banquet Food Server to take on
the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that
boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott
Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and
Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our
property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel
discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local
events & attractions!
Job Overview Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages
in a friendly, courteous and
professional manner according to high standards of quality.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include
linen, service-ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function
particulars, including guest and hotel
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the
expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure
consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests
complete each course and/or
meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to
Captain's specifications to ensure the
readiness of the room for the following function.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing
condiments and restocking banquet shelves
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning
products, as assigned to adhere to
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations
pertaining to serving alcoholic
beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge And Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and
demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of
the job, with or without reasonable
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations,
service standards, guest relations
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to
understand inquiries from customers and
communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product-labeling
instructions to enable the safe application
of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu
- Ability to transport up to lbs. through a crowded room on a
continuous basis throughout the
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established from time to time,
is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
associates may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes
nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance (specific standards
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and
wear appropriate Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and
procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Working ConditionsPhysical Demands
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Frequently walking with some standing at times, possibly
extended distances; ability to bend when
- Frequently lift/carry up to lbs.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms in any direction and kneel
and stoop repeatedly
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from
temperature changes. A job is
considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent
or more of the time inside.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or
certificate. CPR Certification and/or First
Aid training preferred.
- No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience
- Additional language ability preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Source: Spire Hospitality
Keywords: Spire Hospitality, Burbank , Banquet Food Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!