Company: SPIRE Hospitality
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Conveniently located by the Hollywood Burbank Airport, The Los
Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel is near Universal Studios
Hollywood, the North Hollywood Arts District, and Burbank Town
Center. Offering amazing food and beverage outlets, this property
also hosts an array of meetings in Burbank, offering 46,000 square
feet of event space. Be part of this team and become one of their
- The ideal candidate must have open availability, including
weekends and AM/PM availability*
- Valid Guard Card Certification is required for the position*
Responsibilities And Duties
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing
stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and
identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable
conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way
radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of
guests, e.g. assisting with door lock problems; coordinate,
expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, safety
hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and
persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel
policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of
hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond
in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the
case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the
supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Use a clear, concise speaking voice, listen with empathy,
provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property
including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location
of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
requirements of the hotel.
- Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or
property is being removed. Screen persons entering this entrance
for purpose and authorization.
- Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and
respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items. Mail
out claimed items to owner.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours
of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots,
provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Assist guest with door lock problems using moderately complex
hand-held electronic apparatus. Other Expectations
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established from time to time, is essential to the successful
performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance (specific standards available).
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and
wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined
by position and duties.
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and
procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
488 Room Hotel
Experience our Burbank hotel near Universal - and Hollywood
The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is ready to roll out the
red carpet for you, with 4-star hotel amenities and a wonderful
location. Whether you're in Burbank for work or to explore
Universal Studios -, the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Warner Bros.
Studios, we'll make you feel at home, with spacious accommodations
and a commitment to friendly service. Savor creative cuisine and
delicious drinks at E.D.B., our outdoor restaurant, or enjoy a meal
at Daily Grill and a cup of Starbucks - coffee at Media Lounge.
Elsewhere at the hotel, you can challenge yourself to a workout at
the fitness center, or take a dip in one of our two outdoor pools,
located at the East and West Towers. Relax by the fire pit, or
snooze in one of our shaded cabanas. With over 45,000 square feet
of versatile space, our hotel is one of Burbank's premier
destinations for meetings and events. And our complimentary airport
shuttle service makes travel stress-free. Plan your visit to the
4-star Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport today.
Keywords: SPIRE Hospitality, Burbank , Security Officer, Hospitality & Tourism , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!