Payroll Tax & Garnishments Analyst
Company: Time Warner Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Payroll Tax & Garnishments
Analyst for the HR Services Payroll Tax & Garnishments department.
The Analyst for Payroll Tax and Garnishments is responsible for
helping to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with all
federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and financial
reporting rules. This individual will prepare and review tax
returns, and input garnishment data ensuring that rules and
priorities are applied properly. This individual is responsible for
analyzing, researching and resolving issues and addressing related
tax and garnishment inquiries. This individual will specialize in
payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees
reside, including US and international based employees, and legal
entities working with the Manager, Payroll Settlement & Accounting.
He/she will participate in special projects when required.
- Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workday Payroll and ADP
Tax and Garnishment Services including but not limited to:
- Entry and maintenance of tax and withholding order data in
- Calculate additional payroll-related items, including
garnishments and tax adjustments.
- Register new tax jurisdictions and set up in Workday.
- Review and submit data for tax returns and amendment filings to
ADP including amendments.
- Review and correct tax and garnishment errors identified in the
periodic and quarterly data transmission and filing to ADP.
- Prepare reports and projections.
- Perform account reconciliation against the general ledger and
- Assist the Payroll Reconciliation Team to analyze and resolve
- Research and respond to payroll tax and garnishment related
inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external
- Perform federal tax deposits for Form 1042 purposes and
California tax deposits for Form 592 purposes related to
non-resident independent contractors. Fill out and submit the
required forms to the tax agencies on a quarterly and yearly
- Reconcile and review garnishment input to determine if all
policies and financial regulations are being followed and financial
postings in SAP accounts.
- Identify, research, test, implement, and develop training
materials on payroll tax procedures, employment tax processes, and
garnishment payroll processes; maintain internal policies and
procedures in accordance with the law.
- Support the Payroll Tax Manager with other projects and tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or
equivalent combination of work experience required.
- CPP, CPA or FPC certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll
- Minimum 2 years related experience in tax and garnishments
- Minimum 2 years related experience in payroll processes
- Previous experience in working with enterprise HR and payroll
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to
salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters
- Previous experience in a confidential environment strongly
- Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data
change uploads (EIB) preferred.
- Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll
- Experience with a large multi-business unit organization a
- Experience working in a shared services organization a
- Knowledge of payroll practices, tax and garnishment laws, and
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
required; Microsoft Access preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to provide efficient, timely, reliable and
courteous service to customers.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
with all levels of personnel.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have excellent attention to details.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter/team player.
- Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast paced
Keywords: Time Warner Inc., Burbank , Payroll Tax & Garnishments Analyst, Human Resources , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!