Payroll Specialist- temp to hire
Company: Entertainment Partners
Posted on: December 31, 2018
At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist that provides payroll and benefit processes and performs accounting-related functions for corporate payroll in accordance with company related policies, procedures and regulations in a multi-state environment. This position ensures accurate and timely administration, reconciliation, and compliance of all payroll and benefits processing functions. This position is responsible for following all known regulations and policies as set forth by the Federal and State level government agencies, company policies and existing practices. This position is focused on the complete payroll process and participating as an active contributor to two or more payroll disciplines (payroll tax, payroll accounting or payroll systems configuration). This is accomplished by processing payroll, resolving all payroll related issues, coordinating between payroll, benefits, and time tracking, developing and producing reports, providing user support and working on projects to improve project and system processes. Other duties may be assigned including but not limited to completing analytical payroll projects and benefit administration.
- Problem Resolution - Responds to requests for employee data from various departments and outside agencies and resolves issues in accordance with state and federal wage and hour law regulations. Investigates discrepancies and inconsistencies by researching supporting documents and payroll and or benefits records.
- Customer Service - Must facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll and benefit procedures to resolve inquires and discrepancies. May assist end-users with system issues.
- Communication - keeps management and HR staff informed of systems and compliance changes.
- Detail oriented - must document and question issues throughout the payroll process that impact employees, other departments, 3rd-parties and relevant data used or shared to meet weekly payroll processing needs.
- Process Improvement - Must maintain current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related functions to ensure effective accounting support.
- Compiles, analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data to employee HR and payroll master file such as but not limited to, new hires, rate changes, garnishments, 401k, and benefit deductions.
- Prepares and processes biweekly transfer of payroll data with the automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Reviews, verifies and releases payroll information to ensure accuracy on regular, supplemental, and off-cycle payrolls including manual check process.
- Responsible for collecting, calculating, coding, batching timecards and expense reports according to Company policies and practices and state and federal requirements.
- Prepares, maintains and uploads 401k contributions from third party administrator and carrier connection files.
- Performs various payroll, benefits and payroll tax account reconciliations for accounting.
- Prepares and reconciles quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax and W2s, workers compensation, etc.).
- Performs detailed audits of individual records as well as general audits of transactions and makes payroll and benefit adjustments as necessary.
- Maintains payroll records, registers and reports to document the details of payroll records.
- May prepare management and ad-hoc reports.
- Processes benefit data to ensure all information is up to date in HR and payroll systems
- Prepares and reconciles carrier statements and ensures statements are paid in a timely manner
- Assists with other benefit administration duties and audits, which may include but not limited to 401k, ESOP and healthcare benefits.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/human resources related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 plus years' payroll, benefits, payroll tax, and accounting work experience in a multi-state environment. CPP certification a plus.
- Experience in human resources function desired.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Wage and Hours laws. Withholding, tax tables, and garnishment regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of complex and specialized payroll and data processing procedures. ADP Work Force Now and Time & Attendance in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge of human resource functions.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and/or mathematical functions.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a confidential manner.
- Proficiency in researching, organizing and reporting data.
- Professional demeanor, appearance and positive attitude with proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Problem-solver and attention to detail.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Solid communication skills including verbal, writing and in-person.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and retain new information quickly.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to take initiative, self-direct, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency using spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and communicating in email professionally.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance and willing to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates flexibility.
Keywords: Entertainment Partners, Burbank , Payroll Specialist- temp to hire, Human Resources , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!