Staff Software Engineer-Preservation
Company: Warner Media, LLC.
Posted on: November 12, 2021
WarnerMedia Job Type Full time Job Id 187530BR This job is
available in 2 locations
- Burbank, California, United States of America
- Burbank, California, United States of America Company
OverviewWarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic
entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people,
technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive
culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of
stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new
and different perspectives.--Join us. Shape your story here. The
WarnerMedia seeks a Staff Software Engineer-Preservation for the
MSC - Media Software Engineer department.
The Staff Software Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply
Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO)
organization. The position is the lead engineer for one or more
multi-disciplinary software development teams (i.e. scrum teams)
and is directly responsible for the software product, including
design and technology decisions for enterprise media and content
The Staff Engineer will be responsible for hands on development,
managing product launches and software maintenance from inception
to launch and through continuous delivery. Under the direction of
the Manager, Digital Media Technology, the Staff Engineer will
assign work, evaluate work product, mentor and provide input to the
other software engineers on the team. The Staff Software Engineer
must collaboratively partner across the organization to understand
WarnerMedia business functions and content requirements and
translate those into working software features and services to
allow Warner Bros. to continue to innovate content management and
The Media Supply Chain - Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program
manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our
internal partners who operationally manage and distribute
WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology
solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata
management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as
content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team
pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to
The Media Supply Chain - Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile
software and technology solutions which are highly reliable,
automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of
distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and
global platforms & partners.
- Design, engineer, and develop core functionality and components
for applications and services, in support of various content
management platforms and applications. Starting with business needs
and objectives, create functional and technical specifications and
execute against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
- Mentor engineers, perform code reviews and help select the best
technologies to meet project objectives and requirements. Requires
talking with product managers and owners for implementing solutions
for business problems.
- Develop and implement leading practice standards for software
development, build and deployment automation.
- In consultation with internal and external developers, develop
and enforce WB Technology code standards and best practices for
development of applications
- 7+ years software development experience required
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Technical Knowledge/Skills in the following areas:
- Expert level experience with 2 or more object oriented and
equivalent. Specific experience in Groovy strongly preferred.
- Expert level experience with source code and knowledge
repositories such as git, jira, or equivalent systems.
- Expert level experience developing in AWS at scale leveraging
core services such as Lambda, RDS, and ec2.
- Significant practical experience developing and delivering
large scale digitial asset management solutions
- Significant experience with Build and Deployment tools such as
Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent
- Experience mentoring engineers in a full SDLC, providing
feedback, training and supervision
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Significant experience leading code reviews
- Solid understanding of core DevOps principles
- Expert level proficiency in the SDLC in an agile
- Advanced systems design and architecture considering the short
and long terms
- Ability to evaluate and choose technologies through the
creation of proof of concepts
- Able to effectively demonstrate new functionality and features
on a regular basis
- Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
- Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business
- Familiarity with image processing, standards and tools (exif,
- Experience mentoring and leading developers
- Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under
sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical
- Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all
levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and
when necessary. The Perks
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brandsWarner
Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or
physical disability, and genetic information, marital status,
citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or
any other category protected by law. Get tailored job
recommendations based on your interests.
Keywords: Warner Media, LLC., Burbank , Staff Software Engineer-Preservation, IT / Software / Systems , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!