Workplace Technology Engineer
Company: Warner Bros.
Posted on: September 23, 2018
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Technology seeks a Workplace Technologies Engineer for the Workplace Engineering department. The role of the Workplace Technologies Engineer is to design, build and implement solutions to meet Workplace Technologies business needs related to mobile devices, desktop hardware, virtual and physical desktop environments, and desktop applications. In addition, the Engineer works closely with Workplace Support Technicians to provide Level 2 and Level 3 technical solution support and serves as a senior technical point of escalation for core end user IT systems and application technologies. The Engineer is responsible for assisting with the development of work plans, schedules, and for staying current on rapidly changing technologies.
- Provides high level operational and engineering support for mobile, desktop, laptop, workstations and end user support technologies.
- Plans detailed requirements for new and changed client facing solutions.
- Builds and tests pilot versions for new and changed services and applications.
- Assesses client facing technologies, desktop and mobile, and end user services performance and stability.
- Provides senior technical troubleshooting incident and problem resolution for Client Technologies services.
- Provides design input for solution planning and manages solutions building
- Develops operating system images.
- Creates solution documentation.
- Technical skillset and personal development, research and development.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS degree in relevant preferred or equivalent experience.
- Technical Certification a plus.
- Preferred 5 years' experience in workstation technology engineering and IT management.
- Experience in engineering technical end user technology including desktop and mobile OS hardware, environments, applications, and virtualization.
- Experience in analyzing systems and modifying existing operations to add value.
- Experience in requirements engineering, solution architecture, design, development and deployment.
- Experience in Operating System Deployment (OSD).
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate in terms understandable to end users at all levels.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and ability to effectively troubleshoot problems in search of the root cause.
- Must be comfortable working with a certain degree of creativity and latitude while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
But Wait, There's More! At WBT we look for members who want to:
- Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren't afraid to ask questions
- Own It: Be the driver, and take accountability
- Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing - we're looking for people who are ready to change along with it.
- Engage and Influence: Share your passion for technology, and develop great relationships with colleagues and collaborators
- Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the best intentions
- Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to "Contribute to Our Community"
*The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Keywords: Warner Bros., Burbank , Workplace Technology Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!