Vice President, Information Technology (WB Games)
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Opportunity Overview:What part will you play?As the Vice President, Information Technology, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the IT strategy and roadmap, growing and developing shared services, information security, procurement and cost management, and leading, developing and managing the WB Games IT team. The VP will report into the SVP, Finance and Administration.What will you be doing?
- Managing Studio IT Directors/leads, in collaboration with Studio Heads, with a focus on service levels, capabilities and professional development.
- Partnering with studio and Burbank leaders to develop and execute a multi-year IT roadmap and strategic plan to establish and maintain an IT infrastructure that can support studio needs and WB Games aggressive growth and expansion plans, while operating at a high level of efficiency.
- Leading a team of studio IT leads and shared service teams responsible for keeping critical IT services such as workstations, server infrastructure, networked storage, Collaboration tools (Box, Confluence, Jira, Slack), data transfer services (Aspera), and cloud services (O365, AWS) running at peak performance, with appropriate security patches, and working across all the studios to mitigate negative business impact.
- collaborating with all WB Games studios to help identify, promote, and share best IT practices, tools, and processes; assessing and developing optimal levels of automation and standardization across studios for applications, infrastructure, tools and operating procedures, while taking full account of differing studio needs and requirements.
- Growing and developing the ETS (shared service) organization into a highly effective team focused on helping to improve the overall efficiency, effectiveness, reliability, scalability, and security of WB Games IT infrastructure and service offerings.
- Inspiring and leading the global IT team to provide high quality service delivery to the studios, significantly improve information security posture, and improve cost efficiency across the global network.
- Ensuring all studio IT systems are secure and adhere to increasing security standards; overseeing responses to and remediation efforts surrounding any security incidents or audits.
- Being a proactive and constructive partner to the studios, WB Games Corporate, and WBT/Warner Media/AT&T, ensuring appropriate adherence to WB/WM standards and capturing the benefits of being a part of a larger organization, including the benefits of centralized procurement.
- Leading vendor and deal evaluation, leading/assisting in structuring and negotiating contracts, and determining studio allocations for key vendors/contracts impacting multiple studios.
- Working with Finance to prepare capital budgets and forecasts and determine studio allocations.
- Performing due-diligence and integration efforts around potential merger and acquisition projects.What are we looking for?This role requires strong leadership skills, a very proactive and collaborative working style, the ability to navigate ambiguity and be effective in a matrixed organization, a commitment to developing talent in the organization, and competent technical skillsWhat do we require from you?
- Ability to work collaboratively across groups of varying discipline and level, and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people.
- People leadership skills, especially with regard to managing remote teams across several times zones.
- Passion for transforming an organization and driving continuous improvement.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large distributed organization.
- Customer service and collaboration skills with a consultative approach.
- Strong project and technical management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of IT system development lifecycle, including quality assurance and support.
- Technical expertise with regard to networks, cloud management, storage, and security.
- Games industry related experience is helpful, in particular version control software (eg Perforce, SVN) and collaboration tools (eg Jira, Team Foundation Server, Slack). Experience in supporting teams using creative industry applications such as Maya, Adobe Creative Suite, 3ds Max is also an advantage.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of and passion for video games is a plus.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar related fields or equivalent work experience is required.
- Masters Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar related fields is highly desirable.
- 10+ years IT management experience with games or other software development companies.
- 10+ years overall relevant business experience.
- Proven experience building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large, distributed organization.
- Demonstrated success in managing technical services across remote sites with matrixed staffing models.
- Must be able to work with independent studio management and IT staff to build consensus for policies and initiatives.
- Experience successfully working within the context of a large corporation, balancing enterprise and business-specific requirements and constraints.
Keywords: WarnerBros, Burbank , Vice President, Information Technology (WB Games), IT / Software / Systems , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!