Company: Disney Music Group
Posted on: November 13, 2022
The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution
(DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney
Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world
access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a
time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's
direct-to-consumer streaming services - ESPN+, the Disney+
streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside
Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge
technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand
the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized
entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney Music Group (DMG) seeks a Paralegal Specialist to draft,
review and negotiate contracts, and provide general legal and
administrative support to DMG with particular emphasis on our
concert production and licensing business, with additional work
relating to recorded music and music publishing, working closely
with business and legal affairs counsel. - Job duties include
drafting legal correspondence and legal documents for attorney
review; research, preparing summaries and reports; data entry and
maintaining files and databases; researching rights and maintaining
rights and other databases, assisting with due diligence related to
transactional matters; and assisting the team with other special
projects as may be necessary from time to time. DMG houses the Walt
Disney Company's recorded music labels, concert licensing division
and music publishing companies. - We are looking for a Paralegal
Specialist to assist the business and legal affairs team that
services those enterprises. Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our concerts booking agency and DMG
international colleagues in the preparation and finalization of
production and music license deals for distribution to packaged
concert licensees worldwide. -
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of standard and
non-standard music industry agreements, license agreements and
other legal documents as requested by project attorneys.
- Prepare legal correspondence at direction of project
- Coordinate follow-up, execution, and distribution of approved
documents. Enter basic deal terms into concerts database and
facilitate agreement status updates.
- Create, organize, manage and maintain library of form
agreements, negotiated language and legal memos.
- Track and prepare status reports.
- May assist with agreement interpretation issues.
- Research and analyze legal rights and obligations.
- May be called upon to assist with promotions, sweepstakes and
other marketing support in connection with label product releases
- Respond to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as
- Assist in creation of and maintenance of technological
solutions for improved flow of information, including data entry
and maintenance of databases. -
- Review legal agreements and prepare summaries of rights,
obligations and related matters.
- Compare and proofread agreements and related materials.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Assist in department trainings and legal presentations.
- Such additional, alternative, removed or changed
responsibilities as may be directed from time-to-time by a
supervisor, without advance notice. Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in contract negotiation and
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel and Outlook. - Familiarity with document and rights
management systems a plus.
- Interact well with all levels of personnel with ability to
- Must be willing to take "ownership" of projects and think
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through
projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to be flexible in all work
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise
solutions and strategies.
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize high-volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Excellent written, verbal, research, analytical and
- Must be detail oriented, with accurate input and proofing
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding
environment while effectively meeting deadlines.
- Operational and organization awareness.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic,
judgment and commitment to managing assignments with
professionalism and integrity. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the concerts/live events business, which may
include indirect experience in having worked with record labels,
music publishing companies and/or the multi-media content
production and distribution industry or the law firms and agencies
representing same is preferred.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or
media company preferred. -
- Non-attorney candidates preferred.
- Familiarity with document and rights management systems a plus.
Required Education: -
- BA/BS degree
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certification #CORP_MEDIA
Keywords: Disney Music Group, Burbank , Paralegal Specialist, Legal , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!