Company: Warner Media, LLC.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company OverviewEvery great story has a new beginning. We're
excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to
become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and
entertainment company offering audiences the world's most
differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and
franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and
gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating
world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to
technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the
next chapter.The JobThe Sr. Counsel supports WBDTD with all
business and legal affairs needs as required for distribution of
WBD content in the US and Canada, and globally on airlines.
Represents WBDTD in business and legal affairs matters with third
parties and other Warner Bros. Discovery business units as needed.
- Negotiate and draft license agreements by negotiating terms and
conditions with counterparts at television networks and local
stations, basic and pay cable networks, SVOD, AVOD, FAST and other
emerging platforms, and airlines.
- Review first-run, acquisition, and inbound rights agreements to
confirm distribution rights.
- Ensure compliance with license agreements and advise senior
management on contractual and other issues.
- Familiarity with existing and emerging platforms and
distribution models. Ability to explain business and legal
ramifications to management.
- Communicate and coordinate internally to ensure that the
division functions within and adheres to corporate and legal
- Communicate new licenses, acquisitions, revised terms or other
pertinent information with all appropriate members of WBDTD and
other Warner Bros. divisionsThe Essentials
- Minimum of 5-8 years practicing law with a national law firm or
in a corporate legal department; experience at a major studio,
network, or content service provider or platform preferred.
- BA/BS degree required
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Must be a GA, NY, or CA state bar member and bar membership
must be in good standing.
- Strong legal transactional skills and experience negotiating,
drafting, analyzing, and interpreting wide range of contracts.
- Must be able to research legal questions and communicate
responses effectively to all levels of corporate and production
- Experience with international licensing; Canada experience
- Ability to problem solve in efficient, business-friendly,
- Thorough understanding of current content distribution market
- Business and financial analysis, planning & forecasting skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; must be
able to write in a well-organized, concise, and precise
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships with
personnel of all levels, effectively advise senior-level
executives, and produce strong client and partner satisfaction
through practical and strategic thinking.
- Must be agile, proactive, and highly motivated; must have
positive, team-oriented attitude, excellent judgment, ability to
handle high volume of work with minimal supervision and to assess
risk, make decisions and prioritize multiple projects with
- Must enjoy welcoming new business challenges and working in
dynamic, fast-paced environment with great colleagues and
world-class IP and entertainment.Warner Bros. Discovery embraces
the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of
our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity
employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to
consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical
disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship
status, military status, protected veteran status or any other
category protected by law.If you're a qualified candidate with a
disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to
apply for this position, please contact us at
Keywords: Warner Media, LLC., Burbank , Senior Counsel, Legal , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!