Lead Satellite Digital Communications Systems Engineer
Posted on: February 12, 2020
As a Lead Digital -Communications Systems Engineer (Level 4), you
will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication
systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil,
milsatcomm, and/or national security programs. You will lead a
highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international
customers on their latest satellite systems.Project assignments
typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal
trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite
development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates
will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with
customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test
engineers, and senior technologists.This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Define and develop satellite communications systems and payload
- Lead trade studies.
- Define and verify space communication system requirements and
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Lead system-level integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication
systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system
capacity, reliability, and performance.
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit
- Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and
- Mentor the program junior -communication systems engineers and
review their work for quality.Boeing -is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. -Boeing is the
world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of
commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We
are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers.
Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something
better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This
position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with
successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation
(SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active.)Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering classification is
- Experience with digital communications.
- Experience working on satellite or space based payloads.
- Leadership experience with a small team.Preferred (Desired)
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab
- 5+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical
- Experience with the following:
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Waveform design
- Antenna theoryDegree and typical experience in engineering
classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience,
Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more
years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
Keywords: Boeing, Burbank , Lead Satellite Digital Communications Systems Engineer, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!