Position-Overview Position Overview Lead Digital Operator Position Overview
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Digital Studio Services provides on-lot
technical and creative services at the Walt Disney Studios. Our
mission is to help our colleagues and filmmakers master the
challenges and complexities of today's digital production, post
production, marketing and distribution workflows. Disney Digital
Studio Services has an immediate need for a Lead Digital Operator
on our Quality Assurance team at its state-of-the-art facility in
Burbank, California. The Digital Operator is a union position
covered by the Motion Picture Editors Guild.Position OverviewThis
position will support the testing and development of new workflows,
and changes to existing ones with the goal of creating industry
best practices. The Lead Digital Operator will work closely with
developers, vendors, and other Lead Operators in the rollout of new
workflows, SOPS, and training documents. The LDO will provide
regular reports to management.Responsibilities:
- Resolve issues and/or escalate as appropriate
- Perform ad hoc media conversion projects
- Configure encoding, transcoding and media transformation
- Develop standardized templates and workflows
- Facilitate establishment of best practices and document SOPS,
guidelines and specifications
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Test / R&D of new workflows prior to deployment to
production. Includes variations of existing workflows and expansion
of facility capabilities.
- Primary point of contact with the development team and
coordinator of UAT for production systems (examples include, but
not limited to mastering in the cloud and Dispatch).
- Provide feedback to management on the effectiveness of current
workflows. Present plans for how we can effect change to improve
performance, quality and throughput.
- Regression testing new software releases of 3rd party tools
used day to day in the facility in partnership with Studio
- Work with DDSS team Managers and engineering to test new
workflows and provide feedback.
- Provide documentation and train lead operators around tool
usage, best practices, and error messages
- Assist with Vendor Onboarding/Development and Support to
identify workflows that require documentation. Basic
- 5-7 years minimum industry experience in audio and video
postproduction quality control, preferably in file-based
- Understand current and prevalent audio/video/film post
production systems including file formats, storage and networking
- Understand post-production mastering, especially for home video
and electronic delivery.
- Operate typical file-based production equipment, including
Clipster, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, DVP, BUF boxes, etc.
- Understand media file formats and CODECs
- Ability to use waveform monitors and audio metering to measure
- Familiar with editing, manipulation and transcoding of video
and audio files.
- Familiar with various types of metadata used for media
- Working knowledge of current SMPTE, theatrical and broadcast
- Understand the concepts of color spaces, bit-depths, chroma
sub-sampling and sampling rates.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Work independently as well as take direction from others
- Earn the trust and respect of colleagues, partners, and
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Build relationships that advance the goals of the team
- Treat others with respect
- Support change and an environment of continuous
- Deliver timely, high quality workPreferred Qualifications:
- Digital Cinema experience a plus.
- Experience with automated QC tools is also a plus.Required
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and/or ISO 27001
Security methodologies a plus.Additional Information:
- Shift flexibility as needed.
- Current membership in Motion Picture Editors Guild Local 700.
If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Motion
Pictures Editors Guild within the first 30 days of employment.
Keywords: Disney, Burbank , Position-Overview Position Overview Lead Digital Operator Position Overview, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!