Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Full Time 2:30pm shift
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume to
The Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Technician will report to
the Director of Perioperative Services and work under the
supervision of SPD Manager. He/she will be responsible to work in
all areas of SPD and prepare instruments and equipment for
decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning,
sterilization, storage and distribution. SPD technician be
responsible as an individual and as part of the team to perform to
the highest of standards in order to provide the best possible
results in the processing and sterilization of surgical instruments
and equipment. This position requires full understanding and active
participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will
demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee
shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's
strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and
performance improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with
peers, management, and physicians.
- Communicates all necessary information to the SPD Manager in a
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task efficiently
- Able to work under pressure and act calmly and effectively in a
busy or stressful situation.
- Follows all written policies and procedures of the
- Decontaminates, cleans and sterilizes instruments, medical
supplies and equipment.
- Assembles and sterilizes trays of surgical instruments
following manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Follows proper Standard Safety Precautions while in
decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure
quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and
- Restocks, labels, submits requisitions, collects and
distributes instruments, trays, and medical equipment.
- Assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing,
operating rooms, and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies equipment functions properly, submits requisitions for
repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Ensures sterilizers and all required documentation are
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in providing high
quality, individualized patient/family centered care within the
Watson Model of Care including key elements of Caring, Competence,
Communication and Commitment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Sterile Technician Diploma, Surgical Tech Diploma or
certification in lieu.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Sterile Processing
and/or the surgery department.
- Current certification in field preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Knowledge of current infection control practices, instruments
and sterilization procedures.
- Knowledge of ANSI/AMMI Standards.
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Burbank , Sterilization Technician, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!